Wiggo's latest tweet

2»

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,396
    or - sorry we tried (inexpertly) to take your final stage win off of you-Its nothing personal and you K'd our A anyway so meh....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I don't know about how incompetent Garmin were at that finish. Watching the footage again, the Garmin boys were going for an ambitious move for sure, but they had to move well off the line they'd chosen when Big Geroge peeled off to the side they were coming up on, approaching the last corner. That big deviation meant they went into the last corner quite emphatically second best and they had to ease up a bit. It certainly didn't alter the result, Cav was always going to win, but the rest of the peloton might have been closer if that hadn't happened. I guess it's just one of these things that can happen if you're trying to set up a train right alongside another team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo7uff0ynjs watch the slo-mo replay from 7:08
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Philip S
    Philip S Posts: 398
    Yeah - agreed on that. When George sat up he occupied the space that Garmin were trying to get into and their line on the final corner was screwed.
  • davelakers
    davelakers Posts: 762
    Philip S wrote:
    Yeah - agreed on that. When George sat up he occupied the space that Garmin were trying to get into and their line on the final corner was screwed.

Good job it wasnt Hushovd, he would have had the entire Columbia Team dq'd for that move by Big George!!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    davelakers wrote:

Good job it wasnt Hushovd, he would have had the entire Columbia Team dq'd for that move by Big George!

When is everyone going to accept he got DQ'd before Thor voiced an opinon?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,396
    true enough - but it must have hurt Cav to see Garmin "suddenly" trying to take his precious stage win off of him - I'm sure a few people have been stirring it too which can't have helped

I would imagine the message was also delivered in abit of a haze too..... :wink:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver