Wiggo's latest tweet

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    I'm guessing either:

A. Someone has stolen Brad's Twitter account
    B. Bob has tried to mediate between Wiggins and Cav, it didn't work and Wiggins is trying to remind Cav they should be friends. Wiggins is especially emotional because he's hit the turps pretty hard.
    C. Cav and Wiggins have got into some weird stuff with Bob???
  • ellieb
    ellieb Posts: 436
    I suspect Bradley has been celebrating a little too hard & will wake up resolving to give up twitter
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Particularly like the dubious drunken spelling.

A text would have sufficed, surely.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    What did he say? Can't get the twit thing at work.
    exercise.png
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,128
    Hey Cav, your a star, remember what we said, fuck Bob, life goes on, dont let sponser politics affect freindships.
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    is this a "we're both off to sky soon so highroad can get lost..." type of post?
  • No, it's either a spoof/hack or Wiggo was a bit drunk and emotional. Either way it probably won't help to repair the Garmin/Columbia rift.
  • gkerr4
    what makes you think it was a drunk / hack?
  • In the cold light of day I don't think he'd say that and spell so badly.
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    oh dear, drunken twittering... worse even than drunkenly texting an ex...
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    Id say this relates to "big" George Hincapie missing out on yellow due to Garmin chasing and all the other little comments going back and forwards between Garmin and Colombia. ITV pointed out yesterday was the 1st time Cav and Wiggins had been in shot talking together in the peleton during the tour. Cuddly Bob has prob been telling his team to avoid Garmin etc etc for ruining Hincapies "life time achievement award" of a day in yellow.

Still a funny message :lol:
  • taz3611
    taz3611 Posts: 172
    Me thinks Bradley is having a laff with Cav.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I think he could be having a laugh too - otherwise he'd have texted him direct without letting us all see it.
  • samb01
    samb01 Posts: 130
    Wiggins the comedian. Read the Stage 15 entry (currently on top) in Julian Dean's diary: http://www.juliandean.co.nz/diary.php
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    iainf72 wrote:

He also posted this earlier in the Tour:

Cav your a star, good job, don't worry about what we spoke about, I know he's your manager but I'm sure he was'nt serious, was he? 10:17 AM Jul 15th

I think it's an extended pisstake.
  • g3n1u5
    g3n1u5 Posts: 21
    on the topic of twitter

http://twitter.com/johanbruyneel

this makes interesting reading, especially todays
    One is not only judged by his successes but also by the obstacles he is able to overcome to achieve them.
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    he's clearly a bit p1ssed!
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Forget Wiggins' tweet, twit, toot or whatever they are called.

How do we interpret what the Hog wrote?

That is about Contador right?
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Bakunin wrote:
    Forget Wiggins' tweet, twit, toot or whatever they are called.

How do we interpret what the Hog wrote?

That is about Contador right?

Sounds like it. I reckon you'll find LA and JB come out in the media and say:

"Alberto, you have passed the test. All the rubbish we gave you, was to make you stronger, to make you feel like a worthy winner. Congratulations, your induction is complete".
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,128
    Wiggin's latest tweet may indicate his state of mind last night.
    Hung over and tired today, The Jack Daniels was a bad idea.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Bruyneel's twitter is not surprising - he loves all that pseudo-mystical new-age self-help character-building bullshit. Here are some past pearls of wisdom:

- Accept - then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it

- Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do.

- All things are difficult before they get easy...

- The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it's the same problem you had last year.

- There are people who make things happen,there are people who watch things happen and there are people who wonder what happened.How about U?

It's worse than Paul Sherwen and his friggin' African proverbs. Personally I just think Bruyneel watches FAR too much Deal Or No Deal. Maybe Lance would have won if all the Astana acolytes had joined hands and chanted "yellow, yellow, yellow" over and over again.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    afx237vi wrote:
    Bruyneel's twitter is not surprising - he loves all that pseudo-mystical new-age self-help character-building bullshit. Here are some past pearls of wisdom:

- Accept - then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it

- The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it's the same problem you had last year.

- There are people who make things happen,there are people who watch things happen and there are people who wonder what happened.How about U?

He's been trained by Yoda
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    He's been trained by Yoda

Dope. Or dope Not. There is no attempted.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Actually, now that I think about it...

Pg-57-Bruyneel-GETTY_52932t.jpg

david_brent.jpg

:!: :!:
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,938
    afx237vi wrote:

It's worse than Paul Sherwen and his friggin' African proverbs. Personally I just think Bruyneel watches FAR too much Deal Or No Deal. Maybe Lance would have won if all the Astana acolytes had joined hands and chanted "yellow, yellow, yellow" over and over again.

I was so tempted to make a similar post...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,655
    What's the past tense of Tweet?
  • gkerr4
    twet?
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Are we still talking about Johan or are we still one letter away?
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    afx237vi wrote:

Still laughing on that one...the Hog is like Cain from Kung Fu.
  • pedalpower
    pedalpower Posts: 138
    Here's another one from his little book of BS:

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him."