Which TT frame

martin56
martin56 Posts: 213
edited July 2009 in Road buying advice
I'm planing to start building a TT bike for next year.
The first item I would like to get is the frame has anyone got any idears, and I'm not made of money.
In the gear section of this site I sore what looks like a prity good frame at a good price, Dalkiia F1-Zero TT any thought on this frame :wink:
Still going at fifty!But for how mutch longer

Comments

• joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,077
    i would say the contenders are from the dalkiia, planet x or maybe the ribble.
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    i would say the contenders are from the dalkiia, planet x or maybe the ribble.

why
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • rjsmith
    rjsmith Posts: 1,924
    Dalikkias have apretty good rep as TTs bikes. If you can get a cheap one then I'm sure you'd be pleased.

If money is an issue, then as Joey says, Planet X etc produce good frames that don't cost a great deal compared to many others.

TT bikes are good second hand buys though as they don't see a huge mileage for most people, so are kept in good condition.
  • Vat59
    Vat59 Posts: 13
    m5717_frame-07transitionpro.jpg

Hi Martin
    I bought one of these `07 Transition pro`s from websters cycles for £450 originaly £900 , great frame , they still have a 52 cm left .

The finished bike cost around £1700 and weighs 8.1 Kgs , best to set a budget before you start and keep to it .

Vat59
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    FWIW the Dalkia, Ribble, P-X, Ridley, Dolan and many others are pretty similar to the degree that they probably come from the same Taiwanese factory. Therefore, base your decision on what gives you the best position rather than the paint job!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..