Hello fellow peddlers!!

rob_mafia
rob_mafia Posts: 136
edited June 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi guys just came across this site and like what I see so thought i'd give you all a wave, been cycling for years but only recently took mountain biking up seriously, having a bike was always necassary so took the fun out of it for me but i'm back up for some and raring to go,

I'm in Doncaster so good rides are pretty scarce but i'm looking further afield for some action now.

I'm currently customising a Kona Blast 2004 frame (why I here you ask) simple, money. My stock blast is fine but if I can make it just that little bit better with after market parts I'm well happy. I don't have a grand to pay up in a lump sum but am happy to invest in it bit by bit.

I think i'll be swaying more to the XC side of things, I like a challenge and going up hill as well as going down them.

See you all around

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I don't have a grand to pay up in a lump sum but am happy to invest in it bit by bit.

Hi mate welcome to the best hobby in the world UPGRADING be careful just like drugs you start with a little part next thing you will be mugging little old ladies so you can afford the latest shiny thing :)

ebay and the classified forum on this site are your friend even compulsive upgraders like me need to clear the shed sometimes
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • rob_mafia
    rob_mafia Posts: 136
    I think it's too late i'm officially hooked already, I am generating a nice pile of spares though maybe i'll sell them on and try and make some money back LOL.

I have adopted this excuse and it does work quite well up to now.

"I Know love, at least I'm not down the pub wasting it"

I have a feeling it won't work for long as I'm not a drinker, a few more excuses might be nice, any ideas?
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    If I cant upgrade then the kitten gets whacked

kitten-gun.jpg
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Rob C
    Rob C Posts: 6
    Hey there fellow doncastrian. I'm just south of Donny - if you fancy meeting up for a few rides, pies and pints let me know. I'm mainly into XC and regularly travel to the Peaks and occasionally Dalby.
  • something along the lines of how it will improve your fitness, body, etc etc and she will reap the rewards elsewhere... :wink:

it would work with me, anyhow :D
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08