Pain - Inside Leg Just above knee

kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
A sort of burning pain - tender to touch - inside leg just above the knee - when it happens its generally cycling that brings it on - it doesn't stop me riding - but it stops me from going hard at it - hence reduces the enjoyment. A dab of ibuprofen gel helps - But I want rid of this problem ???

Any ideas ?

Comments

• codhead
    codhead Posts: 9
    Hi i also get pains around my left knee shooting down the shin and pins and needlles in the soles of my feet does anyone know of any ideas to combat this
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    kingrollo wrote:
    A sort of burning pain - tender to touch - inside leg just above the knee - when it happens its generally cycling that brings it on - it doesn't stop me riding - but it stops me from going hard at it - hence reduces the enjoyment. A dab of ibuprofen gel helps - But I want rid of this problem ???

Any ideas ?

Don't take this as fact but- i think you may have similar symptons to what i had. Try strecthing regulary, especially your IT Band. Also my physio performed acupuncture on my lower quad just above the knee which released the built up tension in the muscle. Could also be a muscle inbalance caused by weak gluteal muscles. I have all these pretty much (and just pulled my hamstring!).
    Rest it for a bit, starting spinning lightly then build up intensity.
    If your unsure go to the dr and get a referral to see physio.
  • codhead
    codhead Posts: 9
    Thanks for that sounds very similar started with the stretching and it has relieved some of the pain will go docs for appt cheers