Wiggle prices

2»

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    JE James may well be breaking the rules; Dave Hinde got an ASA adjudication against him for advertising items he didn't have. I don't know if JE James deliberately do this to get to the top of google shopping searches, but I will never ever trust them with my money. I know well enough to ignore them, but I am sure many unsuspecting customers order from them in good faith and have their time wasted.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I have found Merlin Cycles, Ribble and Planet X cheaper recently. CRC aren't bad but I agree that Wiggle prices have gone up quite a bit. Their service is still good though.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I ordered a pair of tyres from Ribble thurs evening, fingers crossed!
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Don't forget to change your preferences (you don't actually need to change anything just re-input your e-mail address!) in your account for Wiggle. By doing this they give you a £5 voucher code. I know it's not a massive amount, but every little helps. Wiggle is pretty good when your not 100% sure if it's what your after as their descriptions of items is pretty good.

I was looking at some profle T2 tri bars, and they were the cheapest I could find by a few quid.

I've also just ordered something from JE James, it said 16 left in stock, so hopefully I'll be lucky :lol:
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    Ribble are doing great deals over the bank holiday, an extra 15% off..............don't tell the wife!
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Just been looking at some prices for lubrication, Wiggle are almost double the price on some brands. Example: Finish Line Pro Road 120ml / 4oz (the big bottle).

Wiggle Price £9.99 (free delivery and you might get 5% or 10% off if you have the required annual spend))
    Cycle Basket price £5.00 (£6 delivery).

Fair enough, the delivery is expensive at Cycle Basket, but I'll be buying a few bottles of it!

Looks like Wiggle feel established now and hope to capitalise on Customer loyalty, but I don't think there's much loyalty in online shopping :)

Dave.
  • nicensleazy
    Yep, I'm not using Wiggle anyomre more. I just ordered a Castelli Prologo jersey from a small outlet on the net.....they were £19 cheaper than Wiggle. If you shop around, you can find much cheaper items!
  • djb1971
    djb1971 Posts: 565
    I've always had lots from wiggle and we have 3 platinum accounts in this house alone but also have started to shop elsewhere. I just had a stem delivered for a little over £50 which is almost £100 on wiggle!!
  • alp777
    alp777 Posts: 211
    +1 for the abysmal service received by JE James.

I placed an order with them on the 28/04 and still have not received it! I rang them to chase the order up and they said they were waiting for the stock to be delivered from one of their other shops. Rubbish!

I ordered some arm warmers from prendas mid-week, delivered next day, free of charge.

Will never order from JE James again
  • nicensleazy
    pete600 wrote:
    I just got a pair of Perl Izumi Slice ultrsensore from wiggle for £58.69. Dont think that's a bad price

Pete, take your ponit, but thats one item, if you look across the boarb, Wiggle are expensive.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    pete600 wrote:
    I just got a pair of Perl Izumi Slice ultrsensore from wiggle for £58.69. Dont think that's a bad price

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/1027962/Pea ... Tight.html
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I wanted a new lid, so had a look at Wiggle ans CRC etc....
    Bought Giro Ionos from Cycle Republic for £100.
    Wiggle £125.99
    CRC £101
    No wait for the Postman, too!! :wink:

Go on, then....Someone piss me off now, buy attaching a link to a cheaper deal!! :evil:

'wee wee'!! WTF is that about?... Thanks BR for being so petty!
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • pete600
    pete600 Posts: 142
    dodgy wrote:
    pete600 wrote:

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/1027962/Pea ... Tight.html

Not the same those are thermal bibs the ultrsensore on that site are 75 quid
  • agnello
    agnello Posts: 239
    In reponse to the original post.

You're right they're not cheap anymore. Was going to post something similar myself.

that's even with 'gold' customer special deals :lol:
    Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    Eddy Merckx Strada
    Gios Compact KK
    Raleigh Dynatech Diablo
    Canyon CF CLX / Record
    Charge Plug 3
    Kinesis GF Ti disc - WIP...
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,851
    hopper1 wrote:
    I wanted a new lid, so had a look at Wiggle ans CRC etc....
    Bought Giro Ionos from Cycle Republic for £100.
    Wiggle £125.99
    CRC £101
    No wait for the Postman, too!! :wink:

Go on, then....Someone wee-wee me off now, buy attaching a link to a cheaper deal!! :evil:

'wee wee'!! WTF is that about?... Thanks BR for being so petty!

I just hope you did not need the small size, 60 squids at Evans!

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/gir ... gn=froogle
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • DomPro
    DomPro Posts: 321
    I'm sticking more to CRC now, simply because they always provide good customer support. There's too much choice on the internet and the cheapest retailer isn't always the best to deal with.
    Shazam !!
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    OT slightly and back on to JE James. It seems they've improved their website to clearly show when they have stock of items - I think the main problem is with sized gear as they list each item and then another listing for each size of that item.

I ordered some pedals (Look Classic £38.95) from them before they improved the site, and it listed that there were 20 sets (safe enough!). Ordered last Saturday, they arrived on Friday. Given that there was a bank holiday in there that wasn't too bad.

The tri bars I ordered from wiggle that I mentioned in an earlier post were sent back though...... found them cheaper on a stall at a race I was at - £10 cheaper, with an extra 10% off that day! Although looking at the companies website I think the guy got the price wrong http://www.trisports.co.uk/profile-t2-3103-0.html
  • roadier
    roadier Posts: 1
    Not very conducive to supporting a receding UK economy, but I've often shopped via German online sites because prices are significantly cheaper inclusive of postage. I don't understand why prices in the UK are always so much higher than the rest of the world.
  • nicensleazy
    How have people found Ribble to deal with ??
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Wiggle's website is the easiest to use, their postage is extremely fast and free, and their customer service has been faultless in my experience. Saying that i always shop around as much as possible and wiggle doesn't seem to have the deals it once did. Depending upon the item i would pay a couple quid extra to use wiggle instead of another website, mainly on clothing incase it needs to be returned.
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721

Ordered a few things from ribble and had no problems at all. Never had to return anything so not sure what their customer service is like but all my orders have arrived in perfect condition and decent delivery time.
  • Anonymous
    I've just had good service from Ribble and Geoffrey Butler, Ribble were cheaper and GB had what I wanted, Wiggle didn't...
  • stfc1
    stfc1 Posts: 505
    rjh299 wrote:
    Wiggle's website is the easiest to use, their postage is extremely fast and free, and their customer service has been faultless in my experience.

I've always had excellent customer service from Wiggle too. Now, if only they'd get some Dura Ace compatible Salmon Kool Stops back in stock...
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I've just had good service from Ribble and Geoffrey Butler, Ribble were cheaper and GB had what I wanted, Wiggle didn't...

So if they are oos of an item then their customer service is poor :? ? Surely stock levels and customer service are separate issues one would have thought. Could it not be that they are oos because the product is popular and competitively priced? You were just unlucky on this occasion. Their customer service is presumably still unaffected. They could email you when the item was back in stock?
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187

I don't as I read too many posts from people who had problems re items delayed, returning stuff or if an item is faulty. Plus they never respond to emails or pick up the phone :( .
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Anonymous
    dilemna wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

So if they are oos of an item then their customer service is poor :? ? Surely stock levels and customer service are separate issues one would have thought. Could it not be that they are oos because the product is popular and competitively priced? You were just unlucky on this occasion. Their customer service is presumably still unaffected. They could email you when the item was back in stock?

I never said their customer service was bad.

I was just saying I had good service from two other places and Wiggle didn't sell the other stuff. That is all. I have used Wiggle in the past, they sent me the wrong item then the replacement was faulty, in that the bib shorts had a hole in a rather unfortunate place which was actually rather funny. Their returns procedure was no problem at all.

So I have no quibble with Ribble, no Heebees with GB's and Wiggle made me giggle.
  • Anonymous
    dilemna wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

There, I emphasised bits on your post to try and make it look like you were saying something else too ;)