Another shaving thread/question [sorry]

IanTrcp
IanTrcp Posts: 761
My friend is going away tomorrow for 10 days in Barbados, staying in a nice hotel with a luxury spa. He's thinking about getting them to wax his legs rather than experimenting with chemicals or razors at home. As a first timer he has a number of questions...

- just how painful might this be? [scale of 1-10, 6=childbirth, 9=kick in the balls]
- is waxing definitely better than shaving in terms of finish + longevity?
- which should be done first, waxing or tanning?

Thanks in advance (on his behalf obviously).

Comments

• Barrie_G
    Barrie_G Posts: 479
    - just how painful might this be? Don't know as I've never had my legs waxed, but tell him that if girls can manage to have it done how big a gilr is he?

- is waxing definitely better than shaving in terms of finish + longevity? Yes

- which should be done first, waxing or tanning? Waxing, as his legs will tan easier without the hair [/b]
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Waxing is not a problem at all and is better than shaving, as long as you don't have sensitive skin. Wax first then tanning will work faster.

I sincerely wish I hadn't stopped shaving my legs over winter, when all my bandages had to be removed at the hospital it bl :shock: :shock: dy wrecked!
  • ellieb
    ellieb Posts: 436
    Nah! It won't hurt one tiny little bit :twisted:

Let us know how he got on.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I used to get my upper body waxed and the only bit that was a little tender was the lower sides (at the bottom of my deltoids).

Now, the groin area would be a different matter!
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Advise your FRIEND that shaving isn't that much trouble and it doesn't have to be a perfect job.
    :wink::wink:
    Dennis Noward
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    IanTrcp wrote:
    My friend

Hmm... :wink:
  • IanTrcp
    IanTrcp Posts: 761
    edited May 2009
    Barrie_G wrote:
    - just how painful might this be? Don't know as I've never had my legs waxed, but tell him that if girls can manage to have it done how big a gilr is he?

To be fair Barrie_G, I think his legs are a lot hairier than most girls to start with....! Mind you I've only ever seen southern girls legs so possibly wrong to generalise.
  • LittleB0b
    LittleB0b Posts: 416
    I'd wax then tan - but don't do fake tan straight after waxing - or it'l collect in the open pores and give an interesting effect...
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Had mine waxed and it doesn't hurt.

It's longer laasting than shaving.

Wax prior to tanning.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    So ghey :shock: :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • incog24
    incog24 Posts: 549
    IanTrcp wrote:
    To be fair Barrie_G, I think his legs are a lot hairier than most girls to start with....! Mind you I've only ever seen southern girls legs so possibly wrong to generalise.

You haven't been on a night out in the North East then?
    Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk
  • andrewgturnbull
    andrewgturnbull Posts: 3,861
    Hi there.

You definitely want to shave first - then let some stubble grow back in, and then go for the wax. Waxing a v.hairy leg is not going to be nice.

Cheers, Andy
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    itboffin wrote:
    So ghey :shock: :lol:

Giz a kiss. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.