best durable tyres

2»

Comments

• roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    I'm using the lugarno? Similar to blizzard any how has coped with the Surrey lanes and such with out a problem though picked up slashes
  • Rhods
    Rhods Posts: 400
    currently looking at the Schwalbe Blizzard Sport.

Anyone used them/know of anyone who's used them?

I've got some - they came with my Cube Aerial. So far, so good. I went for a ride ond some very poorly surfaced roads yesterday and went over some hedge cuttings (bit of a panic!) but everything was ok!
  • dd1
    dd1 Posts: 73
    +1 for Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase 28mm

Not had any problems over 1500 miles
    Cannondale Super Six Hi Mod Sram Red
  • alan14
    alan14 Posts: 149
    My Schwalbe tyre verdicts:

Marathon: relatively soft rubber which makes it prone to deep cuts by slivers of stone. Good grip in dry and wet. After a few thousand miles and with what looked like plenty of rubber on the middle strip, I was getting a puncture nearly every ride and replaced it.

Marathon Plus: relatively heavy with stiff sidewalls, difficult to fit. Feels skittish on damp corners (on the rear). A thorn punctured mine after less than 1000 miles!
  • barbej
    barbej Posts: 23
    I have Conti Gator skins, Marathon Plus and Marathon XR and I would say that the Marathon XR probably are the longest lasting of the three if you are putting in lots of miles. My wife has put about 4000 miles on hers and they look as good as new in terms of wear. They are heavy and don't feel very fast though! Schwalbe do say its uses their hardest rubber (similar to motorbike rubber).
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    I bought Schwalbe Marathons last year for my light tourer, but after trying them out I took them back as far too heavy and sluggish. I previously had Schwalbe Bizzards which were great so I swapped the Marathons for what were sold as Blizzards but are actually called Schwalbe Spezials on the tyre. Although I have had them throughout the winter, they are not as comfortable as my original Blizzards were as I seem to feel every bump in the road now.

I am looking to replace them with something smoother and more comfortable but with good puncture protection and I was wondering about these linked below, although they are a bit pricey at £34 a tyre:
    http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebwPNLq ... 139c003532
  • shane515
    shane515 Posts: 139
    Hello all

For those looking for Michelin Krylion Carbon 700x23 tyres, PBK have all colours (I think) back in stock http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=Y2051

My luck now I have just gone out and got some PR3s :roll: I have used the Krylions for many many miles, only had 2 of them flat occurance things :D

Shane