Rowers transition to cycling.....specialized allez sport????

lejogx2
lejogx2 Posts: 32
edited March 2009 in Road beginners
i have been persuaded to switch from rowing to cycling :idea: and am looking at a what bike to buy. i'm going to give racing a shot and i know with my budget i'm at the low end of the spectrum :oops: (approx 700-900). i would like to upgrade wheels etc if i start to get into cycling though. Ive been riding specialized MTB bike and absolutly love it. so naturally when i went to look at bikes i was drawn straight to specialized allez sport....... However being a rower i'm not sure if this is the best bike in this price range. i've read the post advising on bikes but i'm looking to spend around 700-900 and i didnt see anything there. Any Recomendations??????
thanks

Comments

• incog24
    incog24 Posts: 549
    If you're rowing at the moment, you might do best doing this regatta season and then getting a bike in the sales. I think the Giant sale usually ties in nicely with the end of henley, why not go out with a bang :P.

p.s. I did the same change and am loving it. However, its rubbish how being 6'4" is no longer an advantage at all...
    Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk
  • DomPro
    DomPro Posts: 321
    Good luck with choosing a bike mate! Theres plenty of choice out there and some great discounts to be had if you like.

It will be interesting to hear how you get on with the transition. I do a lot of indoor rowing myself and my rowing power has increased vastly since I started cycing.
    Shazam !!