RP Training Group Ride - Sat 28th/Sun 1st

2»

Comments

• The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    Yeah good ride yesterday lads.

Well mixed emotions for us really, yes I beat my Box Hill PB time by 20 sec, but no didn't make it under 8 minutes. (8:31) and claim my free cuppa. :cry: To sink the boot in, we all lost a few FCN points by getting overtaken by a chap on a fixie. :oops:

My Garmin went flat but it felt like we pushed it a fair bit yesterday. Apologies for going too slow around the roundabouts on the way home aswell, I just don't trust my grip at the moment.

Also went to RP today......traffic was horendous but took almost a minute off my PB for 3 lap TT. :lol:
    Can I hijack just to ask where these Box Hill times are measured from and to? I trust this is zig zag road you guys are talking about?

Yeah it's Zig Zag Rd, I dunno if I'm doing it right but I time it from the turn off onto Zig Zag Rd to the pedestrian entrance (where the wooden pegs are) up the top.

The long grazed legged one
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Good ride yesterday. Longer ride than we planned but got back in time for Scotland's victory against the Italians/Aussies :P

Emu - correct. The start is the turning into Zig Zag Road (You'll see a NT sign) and the finish is the entrance to the National Trust car park opposite the tea room at the top.

You'll crack 8 easily soon.

Time to start a new Box Hill Challenge topic for '09 - load up your best time for the year:
    Box Hill Challenge 2009
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15199748#15199748
  • The emu
    Good work mate,

Also can I just say Al looked rather striking in his new Paragon kit on aswell. 8)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The emu
    Well my tyres are paper thin these days so is my own fault really :roll:

Could have been a lot worse as I punctured at the start of a fast desccent aswell.