RP Training Group Ride - Sat 28th/Sun 1st

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
Blimey, nearly March already...!! :shock: :lol:

Sorry for the late arrival of this thread chaps - mental week, and at 00:14 I've not long finished work for the day :evil:

Right, usual plan - 9am kick-off at Richmond Gate, Richmond Park. Use the poll to let us know when you're likely to be along for a ride, and the most common vote will become the main ride for the weekend! Not unlikely that a ride could head out on both days, but it's not happened yet! That said, I may well be doing a few laps of the park on Saturday morning if anyone wants to join me / convince me to get out of my hole early enough to get a decent few laps in rather than just one or two...! :roll: :? :lol:

I won't make a proper ride this week so enjoy it whenever and wherever it ends up being, and be sure to let us know about it afterwards! 8)

As ever, newbies / lurkers / anyone who thinks they're slow / anyone scared or not ready for a 'proper' club ride is more than welcome and I'm sure the advice from any who have come along in the past is that you'll have a nice sociable decent length ride, almost certainly to include Boxhill! :wink::lol:

Cast your votes folks! :P

Comments

• The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    Good stuff Rich.

I reckon based on forecasts Saturday could be a go-er this weekend, and I can go back to back with ditching the warm weather gear 8)

My other halfs sister is in town, so might even do the double and go for a run with KW on the Sunday.

The long grazed legged one
  • Hi Guys

If anything is happening on Saturday morning in the park (laps), I might be a possible. Depends how the hangover is at 8.30am probably, so wouldn't wait for me if I don't show.

Can't make Sunday.

Cheers

Charlie
  • Saturday should be good for me but may have to be a shorter run. Appointment in the pub from 1.30pm.
    An RPx3 TTT could be on the cards.
  • Rich-Ti
    Saturday should be good for me but may have to be a shorter run. Appointment in the pub from 1.30pm.
    An RPx3 TTT could be on the cards.
    Sounds good - 10am start to avoid clashing with the Dynamo? 8)
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Looks like I'm gonna have to give this a miss guys, if I do another lap of richmond park I'll fall asleep whilst riding my bike. :shock:

I just can't stand how boring it is.

Enjoy though :D
  • Rich-Ti
    Keep an eye on the thread though Chris - interest might still pick up for something else on Saturday or Sunday!
  • 10am? Now we might be entering my territory...
  • Rich-Ti
    homercles wrote:
    10am? Now we might be entering my territory...
    I'm likely to be a little ropey in the morning too you see, and if Phips takes the bait he'll be coming from the north end of town so that'll give him no excuses... :wink::lol:
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Rich, get up and come do the 'Mo RP chaingang ;)
    Not to be ruled out...

On a slightly different note, jersey design ain't easy! :? :lol:
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    :lol: Having fun with photoshop are we?
    Fun in as much as my Mac is about to go through the window... :shock: :? :lol:

Got an idea now though... 8)
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Afternoon all. So, what's the general feeling? I can probably do either days but it would have to be a slightly shorter route. Saying that, laps of RP doesn't really fill me with enthusiasm now that the weather's so cracking.

I would be up for a shorter run than last w/e but still taking in Box Hill. Leave by 9, we could quite happily be back before 12. Any takers?

Can't do next w/e either - off to New Yoik :-)
  • Rich-Ti
    London-Red wrote:
    Afternoon all. So, what's the general feeling? I can probably do either days but it would have to be a slightly shorter route. Saying that, laps of RP doesn't really fill me with enthusiasm now that the weather's so cracking.
    I know the feeling!

I'm about to go and do a few laps of the park + maybe some hill intervals myself now as it seems my evening is turning more and more into a session rather than just a couple... which clearly means tomorrow morning is highly unlikely for me now, and Sunday was already out - basically I'm going to be a complete no-show :roll: :lol:

Have a good one whatever you end up doing guys :D

If anyone gets this in the next hour or so I should be in the park from 2:30ish this afternoon either doing laps or going up and down the Broomfield-straight bit-Dark Hill stretch a few times between then and 4pm ish so feel free to join me! 8)
  • London-Red wrote:
    I would be up for a shorter run than last w/e but still taking in Box Hill. Leave by 9, we could quite happily be back before 12. Any takers?
    That's possible. Would be good to squeeze in Box Hill as that's not on Sunday's agenda with the DP. 12 is pushing it to the limit though...
    Emu, Chris - how does this sound?
    Homercles - Is 9am possible?
  • RC21
    RC21 Posts: 166
    I can't make this one guys - sorry!
    Hope you have a good ride :)

Ryan
  • The emu
    London-Red wrote:
    That's possible. Would be good to squeeze in Box Hill as that's not on Sunday's agenda with the DP. 12 is pushing it to the limit though...
    Emu, Chris - how does this sound?
    Homercles - Is 9am possible?

Yeah that would work well and keep me fresh for a KW ride on Sunday - we could just do our ol faithfuls down ranmore to Box Hill. Wouldn't mind timing myself up Box Hill and have a crack at my best time. (without having done 80Ks in the legs)

So is it 9am?

• 9am it is.
    By Richmond Gate on the left if you've come up Sawyer's Hill - All welcome 8)
    Emu - what's you target for Box Hill tomorrow? I'll buy the tea if you do it sub 8mins :P
  • london-red
    yep, I'm on. 9am same place...
  • 9am it is.
    By Richmond Gate on the left if you've come up Sawyer's Hill - All welcome 8)
    Emu - what's you target for Box Hill tomorrow? I'll buy the tea if you do it sub 8mins :P

Do I get tea if I do it sub 8 mins :lol:

Still unsure of my plans for tommorow, will post tonight about what I'm planning to do.
  • With your nome de plume it sounds like Box Hill could be your forté so all bets are off :lol:
    Hopefully see you then.
  • Looks like I'm not gonna be able to make tommorow, sorry guys :cry: Hopefully another time!
  • chrisw28
    Dang, what about me? Tea for me if sub 8 mins? I'm hardly a light weight either, 82kg! Don't even ask where all the weight is hidden, I have no idea myself :lol:

Just kidding, yeh I might be up for this then. Anything but RP! I'll let you know later on after I've had a tinker with my bike.
  • The emu
    chrisw28 wrote:
    Dang, what about me? Tea for me if sub 8 mins? I'm hardly a light weight either, 82kg! Don't even ask where all the weight is hidden, I have no idea myself :lol:

Just kidding, yeh I might be up for this then. Anything but RP! I'll let you know later on after I've had a tinker with my bike.

You still have 5kg on me Chris....I think Al's throwing down the gauntlet because his moneys safe. My best ever is 8:45. :roll:

See you 9am....now do I wear longs for tomorrow...Hmmmmmmm. :?:

• chrisw28
    Oh come on, wear the shorts again, its hardcore!!!! :lol:
  • chrisw28
    I can't make it :oops:
  • chrisw28
    Hey guys, I KNEW I would run into you lot today, was really tempted to stick with you but that would be unfair on the other rider I was with. Next week though :lol:

How was your ride? How many k's did you manage to churn through?
  • london-red
    Hi Chris - good to see you today and sorry that we parted company. How did you get on in the end? Did you make it to Box Hill?

I recorded 52 miles at an average speed of 17mph, taking in Hungry Hill, Ranmore Hill (if that's what it's called), and Box Hill. All in all a cracking ride, although I blew towards the end after a bit of chain ganging through the Epsom roundabouts...

There were a couple of PBs heading up Box Hill as well, only one flat tyre (Wilf) and no crashes... All in all, pretty successful!

And, on top of that, Scotland put away three tries...
  • chrisw28
    Nice one, I set a PB up box hill aswell although I think I can probably go faster still, but that's what they all say isnt it :D

We got on alright, did 80k at a leisurely pace, trying to save my legs for tommorows attempt at racing (ho ho ho!).

Sounds like you guys had a great run, did wilf manage to beat 8mins on box hill? :D
  • Can I hijack just to ask where these Box Hill times are measured from and to? I trust this is zig zag road you guys are talking about?

much obliged.....