Great Service From Specialized

flyer
flyer Posts: 608
edited February 2009 in Road beginners
I bought a Roubiax Pro about 6 months ago and only done about 300 dry miles. I noticed that a couple of the Decals on the rear wheel were starting to peel off, so I pulled them off.

I wrote to Specialized and they asked if they could help? They asked what had I been using to clean them, and I advised them that I had used ]"Muc-off"
"Thats where your problem is" Muc-off is Alkaline based, never the less Specialized are sending me a complete new set of Decals for both wheels, you can't ask for better than that.

However, not sure what to clean them with in the future, I will post a thread on this.

Ian

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    How about you leave the decals off? They only add weight and slow you down.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Alot complain about how over priced Specialized kit is, but I think you pay that little bit extra for great customer service from them.

Good stuff mate, phil
    Giant SCR, BRIGHT Orange.
  • I don't agree with those who say Spesh stuff is expensive. It is neither expensive nor cheap.
    Spesh stuff is fair value.
    I'm not wealthy enough to buy cheap things.
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    yes - the service from specialized UK is excelent - they were great with my Roubaix when I had an issue with campag gears fitting.
  • Has anyone got a cusomter care contact (email address would be great)for Specialized in the UK? I can't find anything on their website or google...

thanks
    david
    <insert witty comment here>

Also, I have calculated my FCN as 12...although I have no idea what that actually means.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    SPECIALIZED UK, LTD.
    29 Barwell Business Park
    Leatherhead Road, Chessington Surrey
    KT9 2NY
    Great Britain
    Tel: +44 (0)20 8391 3500
    Fax: +44 (0)20 8391 3501
    E-mail: sales@specializeduk.com
  • Ta muchly... :D
    <insert witty comment here>

Also, I have calculated my FCN as 12...although I have no idea what that actually means.
  • Massimo
    Massimo Posts: 318
    I had the fork column on my tarmac fail about 5 months (2000 miles) after I had it - they had the fork replaced in a week with the minimum of fuss...
    Crash 'n Burn, Peel 'n Chew
    FCN: 2
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    I'm generally a big fan of Specialized stuff - but could somebody explain to me what the stickers peeling off has to do with Muc-off being alkaline-based...?? I don't get it..