Help with training pain

dfbpdave
dfbpdave Posts: 16
I don't want to get in trouble with the moderators so will self censor...

Just before Christmas, I got a turbo. It wasn't 'til the middle of January that I got to use it in anger and not until this week - when the snow hit the midlands properly - that I had a few sessions in a row.

The problem is with the "wedding tackle". In the cold of my garage, there was a disappearance coupled with a reasonable level of pain that didn't subside 'til I was back in the warm for a good half hour.

I'm looking for empathy - has this happened to anyone else or can I blame this on the cold or the unusual vibrations or substandard shorts or new regieme.

Anyone else care to share their experiences? (okay, I'll accept the experiences of "friends" if it means more answers!)

Comments

• It can happen but usually it's an issue of your bike fit. Unless you're talking about the cold and "shrinkage". :lol:

You should be bearing your weight on the sit bones. If not, then your bike set up needs adjustment.

On a turbo it can still happen even with a good fit so it might help to stand every so often and mix it up a up. Out on the road we get lots of natural variation in effort and position, so sometiems it helps to mimic that a bit on the turbo.