adjustable stems

hoopy
hoopy Posts: 4
edited January 2009 in Workshop
are they safe to use for the bigger rider or would you be better with a stem riser any help with this would be great :?

Comments

• Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Hi - welcome to the forum.

There's a possibility you could reverse your existing stem to gain height? (assuming its height gain you're after) - alternately, if you've already got some spacers above your existing stem, you could always place them below your stem to raise it? - another alternative, get a new stem with a greater rise and then reverse it? - re adjustable ones, if you go down that route, make sure its a good brand and price - on average, you get what you pay for.

If you're not sure about any of the above, just ask.
  • The Oval R710 adjustable stem has made a noticeable improvement to the comfort of my commuting over the last few weeks. The angle locking system is very sturdy, with no concerns about it not supporting me (currently the wrong side of 90Kg). Best price I came up with was Chain Reaction.

Incidentally, the Planet-X adjustable stem looks remarkably similar and is a little cheaper. The only difference I can spot is bolts screw into the the end of the stem, like most setups, rather than the little fiddly "reverse bolt technology."
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo