TransWales 2009

robbiemagic
robbiemagic Posts: 132
edited January 2009 in XC and Enduro
I was considering taking part in Transwales 2009, but have reservations mainly due to the cost of it. And was wondering what people thought of it who have done it in the two previous years? Is the Gold package worth it?

It looks like it is a good week of riding :D
"Second place is the first loser"
Orange Five SE
Orange P7 one

Comments

• did it last year for the first time in probably the worst conditions ever!! the extra £100 for gold was well worth the money as riding in the rain all day and then having to put a tent up in the rain would be a nightmare.what i learnt is the standard is pretty bloody good and i felt out of my depth for first few days but after nerves were gone found that actually i was better than i thought.what i would say is to do well you should practise short high intensity racing as i found i was slower on the short 7km time trials compared to the same riders who could not even finish the linking stages,which is annoying because they didnt ride the whole distance but were classified above me.i,ve spoken to micheal the organizer and things will be different this year with better infrastructure and the time trials incorporated in the linking stages which stops people sitting on their arses all day whilst you ride and then thrashing you in the time trial. i say go for it ,it will be painful but good for the soul and definetly an achievement.then again i am takiing a support team this year as i need my home comforts.
  • did it last year for the first time in probably the worst conditions ever!! the extra £100 for gold was well worth the money as riding in the rain all day and then having to put a tent up in the rain would be a nightmare.what i learnt is the standard is pretty bloody good and i felt out of my depth for first few days but after nerves were gone found that actually i was better than i thought.what i would say is to do well you should practise short high intensity racing as i found i was slower on the short 7km time trials compared to the same riders who could not even finish the linking stages,which is annoying because they didnt ride the whole distance but were classified above me.i,ve spoken to micheal the organizer and things will be different this year with better infrastructure and the time trials incorporated in the linking stages which stops people sitting on their arses all day whilst you ride and then thrashing you in the time trial. i say go for it ,it will be painful but good for the soul and definetly an achievement.then again i am takiing a support team this year as i need my home comforts.