LE MANS 24H CYCLING RACE ON THE BUGATTI TRACK

fabripon
fabripon Posts: 4
edited December 2008 in Pro race
Hi everyone,

You might have heard about it already but a big event has been created a couple of weeks ago : Le Mans 24H Cycling Race on the mythic Bugatti Circuit (www.24heuresvelo.fr). Register to the newsletter if you want to get informed about the event!

I already register a team of six riders, thanks to this original event i even found sponsors in three weeks. We seduce them by creating a "Le Mans 24H T Shirt" with their logo.

You'll find below news i found on cyclingnews :
"The organization of the 24 hours of Le Mans cycling event in France has welcomed Shimano as its technical partner for the first edition of the event due to take place on August 22nd and 23rd, 2009. Former Crédit Agricole team manager Roger Legeay is involved with the new race in the same town where the famous car race takes place. Managing director Romain Gasnal was delighted by the news. "They have a rich experience with the Shimano Suzuka Road challenge in Japan. They will provide technical assistance to the participants as well as energy bars and recovery products."

Legeay has presented the project to a few professional and ex-professional riders, who likely will take part in the mass participation event open to the public. Teams of eight, six, four or two cyclists as well as individual cyclists are welcome. The goal is to cover a maximum number of laps on the 4,185 meters of the famous race track of the Bugatti circuit. The smooth surface is great for riding a bike fast. Inscriptions have begun on the race website www.24heuresvelo.fr on November 1st.
"We already received many requests and not only from France but also from Belgium, Holland and Switzerland," Gasnal added."

Comments

• nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    The Bugatti circuit is hardly Mythic, created in the 60s to get the F1 Grand Prix and motorbikes there and ultimately failed.

If the Nurburgring can open up the Nordscheilf for 24hr Road and Mountain biking surely the Auto Club Ouest can get the roads shut for 24hrs of blasting down the Mulssane (No chicanes please).

Spa-Franchorchamps would be another nice track for this sort of thing, almost totally private road now too.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days