Return of the Men in Black?

jonty1977
jonty1977 Posts: 63
edited December 2008 in Pro race
Just flicking through some web pictures and thought it was an interesting choice of training gear chosen by Lance Armstrong.

Have Astana not had trouble with Men in Black in the past? :wink:

Wonder what UCI or WADA think of it?

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    I'm not sure you can criticise him for that. "Men in Black" was just a phrase used by Anne Gripper to describe riders who didn't train in team kit to avoid indentification, rather than a comment on the actual colour of the kit.

Armstrong's kit is heavily branded with his charity name - he's hardly anonymous. Plus he's not officially an Astana rider until January 1st.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • It was said tongue in cheek
  • RichN95 wrote:
    I'm not sure you can criticise him for that. "Men in Black" was just a phrase used by Anne Gripper to describe riders who didn't train in team kit to avoid indentification, rather than a comment on the actual colour of the kit.

Armstrong's kit is heavily branded with his charity name - he's hardly anonymous. Plus he's not officially an Astana rider until January 1st.

So serious...

It's one of those i've seen you smile, but never really heard you laugh moments! :roll:
    Don't rake up my mistakes, i know exactly what they are.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    jonty1977 wrote:
    It was said tongue in cheek

Fair enough. I'm not at my sharpest before lunch.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Raises an interesting question - should we be suspicious of any pro rider who train away from the pro team in non-pro kit?
  • lets face it unless he starts wearing a comedy false nose and plastic moustache he isn't going to hide from anyone.

He's stated that he'll continue to wear the gear in training as it promotes his cause
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    jonty1977 wrote:
    Just flicking through some web pictures and thought it was an interesting choice of training gear chosen by Lance Armstrong.

Have Astana not had trouble with Men in Black in the past? :wink:

Wonder what UCI or WADA think of it?

you'd think he would not use twitter with the constant updates of where he is or will be...
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Especially after the boss of Bouygues Telecom put a contract out on him... kinda dangerous to be in France, innit.
  • Lets face it he returned to cycling as his career as a master criminal and getaway srtist just wasn't working out for some reason.

It's all starting to make sense now.....
  • i meant artist there