Who's your money on for the six nations

2»

Comments

• Wales, as if I dare vote any other way
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • afx237vi wrote:
    cee wrote:
    Scotland for the calcutta cup......by 1 point.....no tries, all penalty kicks.
    Er, that don't work.

If there are no tries, then penalty kicks and drop goals mean that each team's score is going to increase in threes, so they can't be within a point of each other. Five points for a penalty try could do it, though.

Maybe he just meant no tries for Scotland - y'know, as per usual :wink:

Speaking honestly, that's the impression I've had of English rugby recently, with Wilkinson's dominance. After leaving the group stages in the last world cup, he got 27 of the 32 points England scored, all in kicks.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    The WC was not a normal situation for a rugby game - It is probably the only time i ve seen the worser rugby team win....twice!!

Its looking better recently but that link between the scrum and the speed merchants is still too weak!!! so we can get up to the 5m line but getting over it is a major struggle!

And Stormy - that attitude has held the welsh back for the last 10 years - their rise to dominance (God it still stings) is can be correlated with the loss of that attitude and the realisation that there are bigger fish to fry
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    And Stormy - that attitude has held the welsh back for the last 10 years - their rise to dominance (God it still stings) is can be correlated with the loss of that attitude and the realisation that there are bigger fish to fry

Of course we have always known this, buts it's a bit of a giggle to perpetuate the myth ;)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    On current form Flood has to get the nod. The real problem is the lack of experience in the backs with no one to give guidance to the youngsters, thats where Catt would have been good and where Will Greenwood did well in the past.The trouble with Cipraini is that whilst confidence is good to have, he is currently over confident and needs to perform the basics of no10 first. Maybe throw him in at centre?Whats happened to Lewsay and Simpson Daniel? Simpson Daniel is the closest England have to Shane :D  Williams. I do not rate Sackey at all, he is too one dimensional. Cannot beat a man one on one either.I agree get rid of the old codgers in suits, the WRU is the same .
    +1. Why isn't Simpson-Daniel playing? Is he unpopular for some reason?Lewsey retired today!Cipriani will do very well, particularly as his fitness improves after his injury. If he stays injury free, he's got to be a candidate for the starting no. 10 jersey on the Lions tour; he has the potential to be as good as Dan Carter. However, Carter had/has some awesome centres outside him...
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    Now then, let me think.....
  • Stormy
    Stormy Posts: 18
    ddraver wrote:

Think I've been told off teehee,

but

:Sigh: Watching Wales grind England into the ground at the National Stadium is a feeling money or anything else just can’t buy. I love the English and for what its worth live more than happily in their fine country – but you can’t seriously call yourself Welsh if you don’t get the slightest tinge of emotional euphoria when we triumph against them.
    Please don’t muddy the waters, a good side is a good side capable of taking on all comers.

Regrettably I am old enough to remember the 70’s when that “attitude” was very prevalent and I don’t seem to remember it doing us much harm back then, it’s just good clean sportsmanship, laced with a bit of national pride………..nothing sinister implied or intended.
  • My prediction for the final top 3:

1.Wales
    2.France
    3.Scotland (I believe they can surprise. How wrong I may be, but we'll see).