New Trek Fuel EX8

2»

Comments

• grantway
    grantway Posts: 1,430
    wouldnt bother mate meet a writer Alan from MBR up at Epping Forest today testing tyres
    and also tests bikes parts frames etc.
    He does all his testing on a Orange 5 Frame and told me its better than all
    other 4 to 5 inch travel bike built and tough

Hope this helps
  • BoBaBry
    BoBaBry Posts: 27
    grantway wrote:
    wouldnt bother mate meet a writer Alan from MBR ...

Should everyone who rides 4" or 5" bikes buy an Orange 5 then? What a lame post, Alan says..... :?

It wouldn't annoy me so much, only there is so much difference between 4 and 5" trail bikes, and the Orange has always been more of an all mountain bike rather than a trail bike like the Trek
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    grantway wrote:
    wouldnt bother mate meet a writer Alan from MBR up at Epping Forest today testing tyres

Hope this helps

The EX8 was a WMB Bike of the year finalist, the 5 wasn't. People have different opinions, and saying "don't bother with anything else, buy an Orange 5" is just ignorant.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    grantway wrote:

Hope this helps

you keep mentioning this alan fellow, do you fancy him or something, or is it that you have never met another person?
  • carlt69
    carlt69 Posts: 74
    Cps wrote:
    28lbs
    :shock:

Serious!! Wow, thats less than my Haro flightline expert.HT ......................Sold to the man from sunny wales!! :lol:

It looks really nice in the pics as well. I better get saving.

thanks
  • bennyh
    bennyh Posts: 14
    i've basically narrowed my new bike down to the trek fuel, i test rode the new commencal meta 5.5.2 up in whinlatter earlier this month, don't get me wrong it was great fun on the really tight techy parts and downhills, but going up felt like a chore. From what you guys have said the trek sounds awesome, now i'm just wondering which one to get out of the new ex 8 or 9?? has anyone seen the new ex 9's in person yet??
    :shock:
  • bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    In the same boat as you. Pretty much sold on the Fuel Ex.

Prefer the colour scheme of the 8, and may go with that and upgrade wheels and drivetrain in a few months time to knock some weight off.

£400 exra for the 9 seems a lot. Not sure how much better the Fox suss is over the 8??
  • bennyh
    edited October 2008
    yeaa i basically went to the lakes for the night (a day off of work, excuse to look to go and look at bikes), and basically went to wheelbase in stavely ended up ordering the new EX 9 (21.5) and getting £200 worth of accessories for £2,100. Only one problem though.... it won't be ready until the 17th november!!! :cry:
  • bennyh
    oh yea... and the rootbeer looks soooo sweet!
  • Hi

Wonder if you could help me as some of you have bought a fuel ex8. I'm after the fuel ex9, but i'm unsure as to who makes their VP-A58ACT-TK AHS semi-cartridge headset that is fitted to the bike? Also has anyone out there got any avid elixir brakes?if so what are they like?
  • Vivid
    Vivid Posts: 267
    SMITHY D wrote:
    Hi

Wonder if you could help me as some of you have bought a fuel ex8. I'm after the fuel ex9, but i'm unsure as to who makes their VP-A58ACT-TK AHS semi-cartridge headset that is fitted to the bike? Also has anyone out there got any avid elixir brakes?if so what are they like?

The headset is made by VP.

http://www.vpcomponents.com/Headsets_se ... p?pcat2=16
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    It is beautiful, i'm very much an aesthetics man and that ticks all the boxes.