Pauls cycles

madmax79
madmax79 Posts: 24
edited December 2008 in MTB beginners
I'm thinking of buying a giant glory from pauls cycles in norfolk, has anybody had any experience with dealing with them?

As anyone had a bike delivered through them?

Any feedback appreciated. :wink:
better late in this life than early for the next

Comments

• It was a while back now, but I had an 06 Giant Trance 4 delivered back in May 06. Brilliant service, the bike was well set up, gear indexing spot on, brakes fine, so a small amount of assembly (fit pedals, adjust handlebars and stem, raise seat, etc) and I was ready to go!

A mate lives near Pauls and bought a bike instore at about the same time, and has just recently had the rear triangle replaced free under warranty, all dealt with through Pauls.

They have some great bargains too!
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08
  • thanx for that andy, much appreciated :wink:
  • I also used Paul's without any problems.
    Marv.
    What tree ? ...........

Trek 8000 ZR XC hardtail.
  • cheer's marv.
  • A friend of mine bought a Trance frame from them a couple of month's ago. Their service was good.
    If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
  • Thanx again, looks like i'm going for a glory 1 or glory zero from there then..
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Bought 2 bikes from there, one was perfect, other had a faulty rear hub so sent wheel back, they argued the toss but tried to fix it, wheel came back in worse state and damaged in post (skewer puntured through side of packaging) and ruined wheel, went back and forth a bit!

"Eventually" solved, but after sales on a damaged item wasnt amazing, considering spent nearly £1k with them.

Advice would be to fully inspect and get bike up and running asap upon receipt incase of issues.

Overall, their prices are competitive, but as ever with any online store, ensure the bike you want is right for you before you buy.

Would I buy from them again? - Most probably but would see my LBS first from now on.
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • much appreciated mate, :wink:
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Bought at least one (maybe 2, I get through 'em very quickly!) bike and a frame from them in last few years - all good value and service/delivery.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • streako
    streako Posts: 2,937
    I had a bike from Pauls. It was a killer deal and the bike arrived in one piece, almost ready to go, with all documents and suchlike.

I'd use them again if they had a bike I wanted at a good price.
  • I bought my Brother a Trek Fuel 80 from Pauls about two years ago an the set up and service was brilliant.

Would def use them again!
  • bought a giant xtc a while back. not overwhelmed with service or value. nothing bad to say about the shop but I wouoldn[t write home abnout it
    Train hard, ride easy
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Got a stonking deal, however was not impressed with the bike build. I put it down as a one off, and would use again.
  • Thanx for all the feedback guy's. :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    if its not too late to throw my tuppence worth in, i bought a carbon cape wrath from there about a year ago and it was a right bargain and they shop staff were very good. the bike was perfect straight off the shelf and i would deffo go back,

they have unbelievable bargains and are one of the many reasons everyone should consider a full sus bike for under a grand, they have some deals where they must be losing money!!
  • jadamson
    jadamson Posts: 644
    my nan lives like 2 mins walk from pauls cycles! great shop! my mates have brought from there and so has most my family from around that area. would recommend them any day!
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    i bought a giant trance 3 from them last month, no problems, bargain with no catches!
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • Thanx again guys for all the feedback. :wink: