Comments

• grantway
    grantway Posts: 1,430
    Looks to tame for me!
    Got bored watching the vid clip.
    Cwn carn more exciting
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Just got back from my first Afan trip - Personalliy speaking, theres no way I could do 2 trails in a day, my arms/hands couldnt cope with the onslaught of downhill rockery! - Loved EVERY minute though!

Personally speaking, I enjoyed Penhydd and Whites, the Wall didnt seem to give you enough DH fun in relation to climbing, whereas Penhydd and Whites rewards your climbs in spades! :lol:

Did the Black Run and cleared it fine although the fireroad climb in the driving freezing rain afterwards wasnt welcome! , I actually found Energy more technical IMHO

Im no expert, and still just a keen enthusiast trying to get fitter and better, I now know what I need to do to get there and what to do next time.

for those fairly new/intermediate my only advice would be to start with the hardest routes first as when you gradually tire over the weekend, its not as demanding on the body.

We did the opposite and paid the price, but would not change it for the world!

Whites was well wet yesterday, lot of the climbing was literally upstream!!

Going again in a few months, this will be a regualr trip on my calendar!
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    Got myself some Veggie knee pads for my trip just in case. I'll be there 19th/20th November if anyone fancies meeting me for a ride...... or if the Skyline bikes lot are reading this, no doubt some business will be coming your way!
  • canada16
    canada16 Posts: 2,360
    Thanks guys been looking at the thread.

Nice one, had to pospone last week as was sick, but going next week.

Cant wait.

Thanks again
  • Just got back from Afan and Cwmcarn

We did the Wall and then Whites on the first day, then Cwmcarn on the 2nd.

Really should do the Whites first as it is the more sapping, but well worth the efforts.

Wahtever you do, you'll have a great time!