Can anybody recommend me a bike please

13»

Comments

• Soni
    Soni Posts: 1,217
    Hi AlfaBlue, thank you for your very informative explanation, very decent of you to take the time to reply with such content.

I will definetely go for the off road type shoes, as they look more 'normal' as i don't want to look like i'm trying to be an elite racer when i'm quite clearly not! (well not yet anyway :D )

Whereas the off road type shoes will do the same job but just look like more normal shoes,

Apart from the visual look and the fact you can't walk in road shoes and that the off road type is cheaper, is there any practical difference i.e., is any one method better than the other? As i do quite a bit of climbing so want something that is going to help with this, but at the same time something which is equally as safe......
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Road shoes will most likely be stiffer and the cleats larger so will be best for acceleration or really putting the power down. I have no problems with off road shoes though and the practicality is important to me. I think engaging and disengaging SPD's may be a bit easier, so again a plus point for a beginner.
  • mhuk
    mhuk Posts: 327
    Cycle Express do pedal/ shoe discount packages:

http://www.cyclexpress.co.uk/doSearch.a ... edal+shoes

and Merlin Cycles have done them in the past.