Feedback section?

SCOTT325SE
SCOTT325SE Posts: 888
Hi Guys/Girls!
I've just bought a saddle of Hammond1975 and was so impressed by the condition and speed of delivery, that I wanted to leave him some positive feedback. However, this forum (unlike all the others that I frequent) doesnt have a Feedback section.
The Feedback section on some of the other forums I use has stopped people getting screwwed over by dodgy sellers/crooks and helps to highlight who has been good to buy/sell stuff with and who has not.

I just thought that it may be a good suggestion to throw into the pile as it could potentially save someone from losing hundreds or thousands of quid to a rogue who has no intentions of completing a sale.

Thanks for reading.

Scott

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If people want to praise a shop/person/item, they usually post a message on the relevant 'General' or 'Buying' forum. I don't think there's a need for another forum section for what you suggest.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
  • dan6116
    dan6116 Posts: 11
    I think a "Feedback section" is a bit much, especially considering the constant angst the guys here seem to have about their forum categories. What I have seen, and maybe this is what you meant, is a feedback rating attached to people's profiles. While this seems like a good idea when you compare how it might work here with eBay (other auction sites are available) it seems surplus to requirements on what is ostensibly first and foremost a forum; here people get to know one another and good service is expected of everyone!
    I think there's a good community here, that renders this system surplus to requirements. Just a final thought, if you're happy why not simply (as I expect you have done) post a reply in the thread where the item was sold? If others want to find out about this person they can search for their id and find that, and other, threads.

Cheers
    Dan
    dan6116