Vätternrundan, Sweden 2009 - With Cyclists Fighting Cancer

Triboyster
Triboyster Posts: 10
HI,
We are a charity who supports children/ young adults affected by cancer by providing them with bikes. This includes not only the survivor themselves and their sibling/s but also the children of adults who have been battling the disease.

We strive to promote cycling as an appropriate activity for those undergoing and recovering from cancer treatments to aid both short and long term outcomes and to provide support for cyclists who have been diagnosed with cancer and who wish to have contact with other survivors.

As part of our fundraising we are organising a trip to Sweden in June 2009 to ride the amazing Vatternrundan. 300 km's around Sweden's 2nd largest lake, riding through the night and into the next day, with some of Sweden's most beautiful scenery.

We are offering a full package including flights, transfers, accommodation in traditional wooden cabins and entry to the ride. Package price is £500 from London airport and maybe option of flying from Manchester (slight surcharge possible). We simply ask that people try to raise as much as possible for the charity.

For more details mail myself (Matt Ford) on:
triboyster@gmail.com

Or Mike Grisenthwaite on:
mike@cyclistsfc.org.uk

You can read all about Vätternrundan here:

http://www.cyklavaettern.com/default.aspx?lang=1

We look forward to having you onboard.

Matt
Trustee
Cyclists Fighting Cancer
www.cyclistsfightingcancer.org.uk

Comments

• As someone who rode the 2006 Vatternrundan with Cyclists Fighting Cancer, I can certainly recommend the event and CFC's organisation. It remains the longest ride I have ever done, both in terms of distance and time and was a truly memorable experience. Riding through the night at high speed - awesome! The atmosphere in Motala is like a carnival, and let's just say whilst the local topography may not be too dramatic, the scenery is beautiful. Hubba Hubba Hubba!!! :wink: