Halfords/Bikehut - credit where credit's due

RockyHopperShow
RockyHopperShow Posts: 271
edited September 2008 in Commuting chat
Just bought a bike on the Cycle2Work scheme and I have to say both Halfords (via their Customer Services) and BikeHut in Putney were very helpful with all my questions and put my bike together correctly. I have criticised both in the past so it is only fair to praise them after my dealings with them here. Excellent service.
Start Weight: 128 kilos (20.2 st) (April 17th 2009)
Current Weight:119 kilos (18.7 st) (June 18th 2009)
Target Weight: 92 kilos (14.5 st) (sometime mid-2010, hopefully sooner)

Comments

• biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Oooh, good to hear my local Bikehut isn't a liability! Thanks for that and nice one.
  • Had to travel up from the coast as the Brighton store didn't have my size in stock but BikeHut Putney made it so easy and trouble free. But I'm glad I don't have to ride around your area Biondino as the cycle lanes leave much to be desired and some car drivers have no concept of one-way streets :roll: It made for an interesting ride to Clapham Junction
    Start Weight: 128 kilos (20.2 st) (April 17th 2009)
    Current Weight:119 kilos (18.7 st) (June 18th 2009)
    Target Weight: 92 kilos (14.5 st) (sometime mid-2010, hopefully sooner)
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Cycle Lanes? What are they :)

(as you may have noticed on this forum, a lot of us prefer there to be no cycle lanes so we can get on with the business of being proper road traffic while being treated as such. Cycle lanes are good for pootling but seldom great for commuting)
  • Had to travel up from the coast as the Brighton store didn't have my size in stock but BikeHut Putney made it so easy and trouble free. But I'm glad I don't have to ride around your area Biondino as the cycle lanes leave much to be desired and some car drivers have no concept of one-way streets :roll: It made for an interesting ride to Clapham Junction

What? You mean to say you didn't ride it home to Brighton? But the weather's been so good. Shame on you! :lol: