mixing recovery drinks

portuguese mike
portuguese mike Posts: 695
edited September 2008 in Training, fitness and health
My ususal recovey drink is SIS Rego but after reading the recent Cplus article about recovery i've bought a few bottles of For Goodness Shakes to see if its any good but should i just drink the shake instead of the Rego or would it be ok/a good idea to drink them both?
pm

Comments

• richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    IMO, FGShakes are great and also taste real nice.

Just go with them - berry flavour recommended. No need to mix. Keep a couple chilled in the fridge ready for when you return from that hard training session.

And what with them available in your local supermarket you I get the missus to add them to the weekly shop...
    Rich
  • Yes, they can't possibly taste as awful as Rego (it's like plastic) so i can't wait to try them. How much are you meant to drink, say after a 4 hour ride, would one bottle suffice?
    pm
  • try this

Protein Breakfast Berry Blend and looks a bit like this;

Ingredients

500ml of light unsweetened soymilk
    125ml low fat probiotic vanilla yogurt
    A generous helping of fresh strawberries
    A handful of fresh blueberries
    1 large ripe banana
    A squirt of manuka honey
    50g SIS rego (vanilla or strawberry)
    Sprinkling of organic granola

Method
    • Mix the rego and soya milk until thoroughly dissolved
    • In the juicer put in the chopped strawberries, blueberries and chopped banana and give it a quick whiz
    • Add in the yogurt, rego mix and honey and blend until smooth - add in the crushed ice here if you're using it
    • Pour into a chilled glass and sprinkle over the granola

Heres a tip - next time you get your favourite frappuccino keep the cup and straw and use this as your handy 'to-go' serving cup and you can enjoy the blend on your way to work as well as reusing a plastic vessel! Healthy and environmentally friendly!

The reason for the ingredients are;

Blueberries - packed full of antioxidants for killing free radicals produced through exercise
    Bananas - perfect recovery food! Potassium and carbs
    Strawberries - too many health benefits plus they taste rad!
    Soy milk and low fat probiotic yogurt for protein and calcium to rebuild muscle and fibre
    The rego contains electrolytes and carbs to replace all those lost through sweat during a workout - essential for muscle regeneration and recovery before the next workout.
    Organic Granola - for that added crunch and fibre essential for digestive health.

A Tasty, healthy, low fat post-workout breakfast that'll keep you going right up til lunchtime.

Try it and enjoy!

gats
  • Thanks Gats, i think i will. Do i need a proper juicer or can i just use my food blender?
    pm
  • food blender will work just fine!

let me know what you think!

gats