Fave mtb spd pedals for your fixed gear bike

2wheelzgood
2wheelzgood Posts: 373
edited August 2008 in Road general
Hi, I'm getting a fixed gear very soon and was wondering where I can best spend a little money on pedals.
I'm using some powerplays I got as a freebie with my moutain bike on my converted singliespeed hybrid. The frist time I tried clipless was 5 months ago on this singlie and I love it.

However, I'm thinking for the Biachi, I'll spend a little more if it's worth it..
Someone suggested the basic Shimano M520s as pedals get bashed, leant on things etc.
I've seen the single sided A530s which look nice. That way I will be able to use my spd cleated diadoras but still practise trackstands and mess about without fear of death and injuring the new bike...or are they a waste of time, money and weight?

A520, a light single sided thing, can you use the other side at all?

I take it all the above are mtb spd compatible.. I'm not getting new shoes!
FCN4: Langster Pro
FCN8 Dawes Audax
FCN13: Pompetamine dad and daughter bike

FCN5 Modded Dawes Hybrid R.I.P.
FCN6 Fixed beater bike (on loan to brother in law)

Comments

• The Shimano M520's are very good double sided pedals, simple and thats exactly what you want. Are your cleats Shimano compatible? If not you may end up having to change cleats. Worth checking.
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • blorg
    blorg Posts: 1,169
    I have Powerplay Force pedals on roadie and tourer that I would consider as my good pedals, better than Shimano M520s (have M515s on the fixie.)
  • thanks I forgot to check back here befor ebuying.
    I got the shiny silver A520s. My power plays are shimno spd compatable to OK. The pedals as billed as tourer pedals. spd mtb style for raod bikers who want to walk in cycling shoes a bit.

the other side is stbale enough to use unclpped and do trackstands and gettin ready for dismounts.

for em for £7 too..
    reccomended
    FCN4: Langster Pro
    FCN8 Dawes Audax
    FCN13: Pompetamine dad and daughter bike

FCN5 Modded Dawes Hybrid R.I.P.
    FCN6 Fixed beater bike (on loan to brother in law)