cat 4 racing A word in your shellike

2»

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    You can get to second cat in one grass track meeting :D
    Does this still apply? I thought BC had spotted the loophole and adjusted the points for grass track accordingly?

I certainly knew a 2nd cat a few years back who had piccked up all his points on grass - he was hopeless - even I could beat him in a 25 TT!

There are no doubt easy ways to get points still, but like Welshie says, being a 4th cat is no barrier to doing well in races if you are any good. It does perhaps limit what races you can enter (Surrey League Races specifically ban 4th cats [to make their racing "safer" presumably] although I've seen dodgy bike handling from 4th cats to 1st cats alike).
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    never mind the bike handling it's the wheel sucking 4ths that's a real bu66er! ha ha.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Tell me about it!! :twisted:
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Hey!!
    I Like being a wheel sucking bugger :)
    But usually I have the decency to pretend to be absolutely exhausted when I start to get near the front, so generallly I'm not asked to take a turn :twisted:

I'm hoping to go to the gateway to the beacons RR as well, having to search for a train that morning though :(
    It looks rather hilly so I'm a bit worried... (how fast do people go up these climbs out of interest?)
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    nolf wrote:
    Hey!!
    :

I'm hoping to go to the gateway to the beacons RR as well, having to search for a train that morning though :(
    It looks rather hilly so I'm a bit worried... (how fast do people go up these climbs out of interest?)

did you get to race ?
    My mate said it was fast and furious with many elite riders from all over the country. One of the Bikehut girls there too who apparently puctured at the bottom of one of the hills?
    Hoping someone took some pictures