Cycling - Cheats are Cheats

bredal14
bredal14 Posts: 4
edited June 2008 in Campaign
Hi,
like to comment on the obvious double standards being displayed at the moment by most publications in the UK and elsewhere. I find it amazing that David Millar, a cheat who at first denied his gulit is now lauded as some sort of hero and at the same time convienently Ivan Basso is villified. The same magazines then go onto take advertising money from a Belgian cheat who has a new bike brand with flax in it or was that EPO.
Guys, get real be part of the solution not the problem. Basso , Millar and every other low life in this sport we love should be banned for life because the problem in cycling is not a cut requiring a band aid but bloody open heart surgery. Get tough, get principled and get on board.
Take the career away and then deny any reward post cycling - surest way to ensure compliance. I couldn't believe that a magazine recently gave Millar a full spread and editoral licence - my god thats a great example to the young guys coming up in the sport. Hey cheat, if you get caught there may be redemption anyway!
Get real guys - take the bias out, Millar is British and still a cheat.....end of story
Regards
Greg

Comments

• parkaboy
    parkaboy Posts: 15
    Cyclists are just people and we all make mistakes.

I'm willing to forgive people who make mistakes, i've made them myself.

'let he without sin cast the first stone' ........and all that.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    bredal14 wrote:
    ...Take the career away and then deny any reward post cycling - surest way to ensure compliance. ...

Erm

Hello reality

You want to pay to keep this person on benefits for the rest of his life?

Well you can cos I'm not wanting to pay more tax to support those you want to prevent ever earning a living again

or are you suuggesting anyone who ever does anything wrong at work should be denied any monies at all and starve to death
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    bredal14 wrote:
    Hi,
    like to comment on the obvious double standards being displayed at the moment by most publications in the UK and elsewhere. I find it amazing that David Millar, a cheat who at first denied his gulit is now lauded as some sort of hero and at the same time convienently Ivan Basso is villified. The same magazines then go onto take advertising money from a Belgian cheat who has a new bike brand with flax in it or was that EPO.
    Guys, get real be part of the solution not the problem. Basso , Millar and every other low life in this sport we love should be banned for life because the problem in cycling is not a cut requiring a band aid but bloody open heart surgery. Get tough, get principled and get on board.
    Take the career away and then deny any reward post cycling - surest way to ensure compliance. I couldn't believe that a magazine recently gave Millar a full spread and editoral licence - my god thats a great example to the young guys coming up in the sport. Hey cheat, if you get caught there may be redemption anyway!
    Get real guys - take the bias out, Millar is British and still a cheat.....end of story
    Regards
    Greg

Maybe your atitude stems from making these guys your heros, elevating them in your
    mind to great heights, and almost setting them up as gods. Imagine your suprise when
    you found out that they were actually human beings with faults and problems like the rest
    of us. Why else would you hate someone you don't even know and have never met?
    You're the one that put them on the pedestal and now they have let you down. Those who were once your heros are now the lowest of the low. Get better heros if you must
    have them. People whom you trust and won't let you down. You know, real people like
    family and friends. But be forewarned, even friends and family have their faults and I'm
    pretty sure there is no halo around your head.

Dennis Noward