Racing Season and Weight

Edwin
Edwin Posts: 785
This has probably been done before, but are those of you who race, losing or gaining weight at this time of year? I'm trying not to get to hung up on weight, and pre-season just concentrated on training, getting fit and staying healthy. I thought I could lose a bit of weight once the season started but actually the opposite has happened - racing appears to make my appetite go through the roof and I've put on about 5 pounds. Not a major disaster as I'm not exactly fat by normal people's standards, but I'm not what I'd describe as race weight either. Perhaps my strategy of carb-loading by consuming loads of buns the day before a race isn't very effective :)
I'm 5'10" and currently just over 11st. Just wondered if people try to keep their weight down during the season, or just race hard and eat what they want...

Comments

• andrewgturnbull
    andrewgturnbull Posts: 3,861
    Hi there.

Train hard, race hard and eat what you need - but choose good foods.

It's probably more important to keep an eye on your weight during the winter, as things tend to take care of themselves during the racing season.

What usually catches me out is when I get sent away on business and spend a week eatig hotel food and training very little...

Cheers, Andy