aldi cycling gear on sale next week

2»

Comments

• Mikey joe
    Mikey joe Posts: 66
    This is the reply I received from the manufacturer re. the comuter:

Very honoured user,

please follow with the MCP30102 two points:

1. You can use the MCP30102 only from a bicycle size of 1945 mms up to 2999 mms.. The device is not admitted for smaller bicycle dimensions (for example children's bicycles).

With very small bicycle dimensions you can put down the double bicycle size, then nevertheless, all measuring values must be halved.

2. The setting of the bicycle size lets plan only if the setting KM/H is preset. Carry then the value standing in the table under WS/Kmh (WS = Diameter of the wheel x 3,14).

After you've done that, you change back the value km/h to mph.

We hope, this information was helpful for you.
    We ask for understanding and wish a lot of fun with your new bicycle computer.

Please note that we can work on nowadays all inquiries only by email.

With kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Carsten Meyer
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    I'm now very excited about my trip to the UK in July, having persuaded my mother in law to get on the bus to Aldi first thing last Thursday! Socks, shorts, underwear, jacket and jersey now await my arrival. She even phoned me to ask whether I needed the bigger or smaller sized pants, having gone home and measured them......Now that's service!

.........Sad to say, I'm keeping the bigger pair! :cry:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • rainsley
    rainsley Posts: 4
    fossyant wrote:
    The computer, whilst looks good, has a fault.

You can't enter a wheel size smaller than 1900 - you have two sizes, one for metric and one for imperial.

It basically restricts you to wheels larger than 24", but in KM's only. The quoted sizes for all wheels in Miles are less than 1900, so you can't calibrate it.

Got one for my commuter, and one for my son - he would have loved it, but it can't be set to 20" wheel, despite wht the instructions say.

Actually you *can* make it work in imperial. (The helpline email on the manufacturer's website kindly told me how.)

Set everything up in metric, but then use the SET button while displaying the trip, say, and follow instructions in the leaflet to change it to imperial. You should then find it works in mph OK. (Mine does, anyway!)
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Mitts are great and I have a gilet thats a couple of years old now - great value.

Now either my 9 year old knackered the track pump when he split it in two - or it was broken before. Pah. But for £5.....
  • Garry71
    Garry71 Posts: 96
    Don't bother with the quick release saddle bag unless the rails under your seat are as thick as cricket stumps. The bracket fell straight off my road bike saddle and hardly grips at all on my other bike which has a HUGE comfy type saddle on it. There's probably a reason why Topeak bags cost 3 times as much as the Aldi ones.
    I would recommend the WD40 pen, though.

Garry
    Cycling is too nice to waste it on getting to work.
  • Swannie
    Swannie Posts: 107
    Garry,
    In too noticed that. It was annoying. (Except mine was from Lidl, it was the same fixings, almost exactly the same bag).

My solution? Some insulation foam cut down and taped on with black insulation tape. Worked a treat, and looked quite professional to boot! :-)

The little bag is still doing OK for me. Didn't buy a second one in Aldi. In my opinion its a bit big for the road bike.
  • NorwegianBlue
    NorwegianBlue Posts: 484
    Anybody noticed how much of this stuff turns up on ebay? Everytime Aldi have a cycling sale loads of it turns up on ebay without the word "Aldi" appearing anywhere in the listing of course. The funny thing is that the stuff that gets priced to make a profit rarely sells and the stuff with the low start price usually sells at a loss. When will they ever learn.

There was one fool I know who tried it on with mobiles from Argos. They did a one per customer special last year on a particular phone at £19.99. It wasn't in the catalogue and wasn't widely advertised (odd) but most people found out when it was offered in store as an alternative to another phone that had sold out. It was actually a very good deal. Anyway this guy at work decides he can make a killing on ebay and gets everybody he knows to go and buy one for him. He ended up with about thirty and started putting them on ebay at £40. I think he only sold one, so he brought his price down to thirty. You can guess the rest, the last few went for a tenner each and he made quite a loss overall.

Funny place ebay. Some people will pay way over the odds for a rusty old Raleigh Winner, but something brand new on Buy It Now and they want it for peanuts.
    "Swearing, it turns out, is big and clever" - Jarvis Cocker
  • Mr_Cellophane
    Mr_Cellophane Posts: 690
    Like all this lot at double the price :?

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZlasvegas999
  • NorwegianBlue
    NorwegianBlue Posts: 484
    Yup. And most of it isn't selling. Ebay buyers obviously aren't nearly as daft as some people think.
    "Swearing, it turns out, is big and clever" - Jarvis Cocker
  • Mr_Cellophane
    Mr_Cellophane Posts: 690
    Yup. And most of it isn't selling. Ebay buyers obviously aren't nearly as daft as some people think.

I don't know he has sold quite a few. I wonder what Aldi's returns policy is ?