Suunto T1

wors
wors Posts: 90
Anyone have any experience of these?

Comments

• bigal.
    bigal. Posts: 479
    I have been lcuky enough to own a Suunto X6HRM for almost 3 years now and I cant fault it at all. Not had any experience of the T1 but if my 3 year old X6 is anything to go by then it should be a good purchase.
  • AndyGates
    AndyGates Posts: 8,467
    I have the T3 and it's great - good customer service too.
    Wanted: Penny farthing. Please PM me!
    Advice for kilted riders: top-tubes are cold.
  • i have the t6 with bike pod. the watch itself and the hr can't be faulted but i've had a number of issues with the speed and distance measurements which are routinely about 15-20% less than the actuals - every time i go out with a group my t6 tells me i've done 21 miles when everybody else has done 25-26. suunto's feedback is that the pod might be misaligned or that the watch might be out of range (although my hands are on the bars). might send it back for them to check out (which they have offered to do). shame, as it is a decent, if expensive bit of kit.

don't get a polar tho - not heard a good thing about them.
  • Johnpwr
    Johnpwr Posts: 47
    thenumber8 wrote:
    i have the t6 with bike pod. the watch itself and the hr can't be faulted but i've had a number of issues with the speed and distance measurements which are routinely about 15-20% less than the actuals - every time i go out with a group my t6 tells me i've done 21 miles when everybody else has done 25-26. suunto's feedback is that the pod might be misaligned or that the watch might be out of range (although my hands are on the bars). might send it back for them to check out (which they have offered to do). shame, as it is a decent, if expensive bit of kit.

don't get a polar tho - not heard a good thing about them.

If the T6 is measuring short, have you calibrated it correctly ?

It uses some wacky multiplier value rather than just entering the tyre circumference, but I had this problem when I added another bike pod as the 'Spd' and forgot to set the calibration value; once I'd done that all seemed to be well.
  • yep - calibrated for a 700 x 23c (1.022 or whatever the Suunto ratio is). was thinking of trying a reset on the watch and having another go at synching the pod and the watch. #

this is mark one version of the pod. suunto weren't too forthcoming about whether the mark 2 was any better, although the only difference i can tell is that the mark 2 is the quick release.