Week long tour starting from south London

steve watkin
steve watkin Posts: 40
edited February 2008 in Tour & expedition
Got a weeks holiday later this year and want to do a circular camping tour. Did the Kent coast last year and want to try something different this year. I really would prefer not to use a car or public transport if possible because i normally carry my camping gear in a trailer and it's awkward to use the trains with the trailer.
Any suggestions ?
Any routes ?
Any camp sites recommended ?

Comments

• Brains
    Brains Posts: 1,732
    NCN 1 north (start in the docklands, up the Lee valley, keep going north to Cambridge, turn right follow Norfolk/suffolk/essex coast back to start.

(or get on a train back home from Ipswich or Chelmsford)

Even if trains are a pain with a trailer, you are within striking range of a line into London whenever required
  • ronstrutt
    ronstrutt Posts: 3,170
    Brains wrote:
    NCN 1 north (start in the docklands, up the Lee valley, keep going north to Cambridge, turn right follow Norfolk/suffolk/essex coast back to start.

(or get on a train back home from Ipswich or Chelmsford)

Even if trains are a pain with a trailer, you are within striking range of a line into London whenever required

Plus, if I remember rightly, One mainline trains (serving Norwich, Diss, Ipswich, Colchester and some other stops) still have proper, roomy guards vans and tend to be cycle friendly.

The Suffolk Coast route is well worth following.
  • Thanks guys, Suffolk looks promising but keep the ideas coming please.