Diamondback sorrento

Team515
Team515 Posts: 141
edited January 2008 in MTB buying advice
Got the chance of a 2007 diamondback sorrento from my local bike shop.

I would mainly be using it on light offroad sometimes at glentress. Would it be a good choice, had a cheaper bike but it was knackerd after 2 times at glentress

Comments

• i had a sorrento, but just sold it for a bionicon edison
    tbh it was a good bike just not ideal for me
    im about 5, 7 an it would sumtimes hurt my back riding it, (im 23)
    it was a good learner bike, but brakes arnt all that good an the suspension kept bottoming out on me unless i had it set stiffer!
    if u can id go for the 1 above the sorrento as it comes with hydralic brakes, and better suspension as my m got this 1
    think quinns in liverpool have them at £320 at the mo, my m8s tempted to sell his for £250 an its in perfect condition

ridgeback i think its called, not 100% on that though
  • o and mine did have a few problems
    nothin major though
    ie nothin i couldnt sort meself!
  • Team515
    Cheers mate. it would be a learner for me as im just getting into biking again.
    Will go back for another look, i could always upgrade the forks if i thought thry werent that good.
  • thats wat it was for me
    use to do bmx wen i was about 15 so been lke 7-8 yrs since i last got on a bike , it did its job perfect tbh
    id defo consider upgradn the suspenion though
    good luck
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    If you have about £300 to spend have a look at the Mongoose Tyax Elite, great spec for the money (damped forks which make a huge difference to the ride quality).
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Team515
    Purchased the diamond back and im happy with it so far. Also managed to get new forks for it aswell off a mate of mine (rockshox dart 3) not got them fitted then