GIANNI SAVIO

DanielFriebe
DanielFriebe Posts: 102
edited November 2007 in Pro race
Procycling's favourite Swiss Toni lookalike is keen to get some feedback on his first season of columns for the magazine. Are you all liking his work? Are there any topics not covered so far that you'd like "The Prince's" views on.

Please let us know, and we'll pass everything on to Gianni.

Comments

• phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    I love the Savio columns. I usually read them when I'm on the bog (no disrespect intended here - I need quality reading on the bog). He is a right geezer. Keep it coming.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • The Savio columns are the best column in the magazine (and that's saying something as I think Gollan's is excellent) and perhaps one of the best columns I've read in any cycling mag. Can we have more of him? :lol:

How about a feature so we know a bit more about him, how he got into cycling etc?

As for the columns, please tell Gianni they're excellent and just to keep doing what he's doing. The columns are interesting, intelligent, well written and give a different perspective to lots of things :)
  • sward29
    sward29 Posts: 205
    Completely agree with the other posts. Savio's column is way more interesting that Frank Hoj's and Tom Danielson's - two riders who have managed to continued to secure contracts year on year despite doing very little. I read them every month in the hope that there will be something of interest in them, but every month it is the same boring bad luck story.

No offence!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Savio is the man. His observations are tip top and he just seems interesting.

The nice flowery language help too.

I generally check the little news snippets at the front of the mag first (mainly to see if my ramblings have made the mag) and then straight onto Savio.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    How about a feature so we know a bit more about him, how he got into cycling etc?

Getting him to be guest editor would be amazing. I'd love to see his top 10 moments in cycling or something like that.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • tony_s
    tony_s Posts: 237
    sward29- overall, I agree with you altho' this months offering from Danielson is wonderfully optimistic. Lets hope things improve a little for him, results wise, next year
    You can\'t have everything.... Where would you put it?

couple o\'pics
  • tony_s
    tony_s Posts: 237
    sward29- overall, I agree with you altho' this months offering from Danielson is wonderfully optimistic. Lets hope things improve a little for him, results wise, next year
    You can\'t have everything.... Where would you put it?

couple o\'pics
  • iainf72 wrote:

Getting him to be guest editor would be amazing. I'd love to see his top 10 moments in cycling or something like that.

I'd like to second that. A guest-edited by Gianni Savio, Procycling would surely be an all time great issue 8) Perhaps for the Giro preview next May?
  • grimpeur
    grimpeur Posts: 230
    Gianni Savio's column is great, it's always nice to read a column by someone who has a bit of character and tells it like they think it is.

More of the same please!
  • girofan
    girofan Posts: 137
    I'd like to second that. A guest-edited by Gianni Savio

Yeah! Drop 'The Great White Dope', that is Danielson and give Savio a double page spread every month!
    I say what I like and I like what I say!
  • I love him, he is a genius!

More of the same.
  • cswebbo
    cswebbo Posts: 220
    Another thumbs up from me for Savio!
    A totally unique guy, the sport needs people like him.
    Get rid of Danielson and more space for Savio!
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Another thumbs-up here. Not only could Savio give dressing lessons to pretty much all other DS's out there, he could really help the male riders write better columns in the mag. Hoj is OK, though he hasn't had much to report this year, but I agree Danielson's is kind of a drag. Here's this guy living the dream of all his readership, and he keeps complaining and justifying. Gets old very quick.

But The White Fox must stay!