Bruyneel - Contador = Boring Racing

kellys_heroes
kellys_heroes Posts: 88
edited October 2007 in Pro race
Just when we thought we had got rid of Bruyneel and his lot,he's decided to give it another go with Astana...i see Contador has signed.....god help us all if we have to put up with another 6-7 years domination at the Tour....he and Lance GOD Armstrong bored us rigid with their 1 race a year tactics..lets hope CSC and some other big names can save the day from the Bland Bruyneel.

Comments

• The mass vitriolic jealousy of LA and the Disco/Postal achievements always amuses me to no end, although in the end I don't really care... Sean Yeats is going with Astana. :D

Yes, I'm American.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    But it's becoming increasingly apparent just how those 'achievements' were achieved, but sadly we're unable to have that lively and vigorous debate for fear of getting sued!. The only thing that that these boys bring to the party is a track record of having sufficiently tight management controls to make sure that no one gets caught - as demonstrated by numerous ex-riders returning positive - but I guess you're one of the 'believers' that seem to imply that by merely riding in the shadow of a 'saint' anyone is capable of unforeseen levels of performance? It won't change my opinions of Astana - just one big stink following another
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Just when we thought we had got rid of Bruyneel and his lot,he's decided to give it another go with Astana...i see Contador has signed.....god help us all if we have to put up with another 6-7 years domination at the Tour....he and Lance GOD Armstrong bored us rigid with their 1 race a year tactics..lets hope CSC and some other big names can save the day from the Bland Bruyneel.

How do you get that? Contador won the TDF only because Rasmussen was pulled out by his DS -- not exactly indicative of 6-7 years of domination. And even if he does get better, did you not see Andy Schleck at the Giro this year? MAN he looked good. He's going to be a force to be reckoned with.

No need to panic. ;)
  • Monty Dog wrote:
    But it's becoming increasingly apparent just how those 'achievements' were achieved, but sadly we're unable to have that lively and vigorous debate for fear of getting sued!. The only thing that that these boys bring to the party is a track record of having sufficiently tight management controls to make sure that no one gets caught - as demonstrated by numerous ex-riders returning positive - but I guess you're one of the 'believers' that seem to imply that by merely riding in the shadow of a 'saint' anyone is capable of unforeseen levels of performance? It won't change my opinions of Astana - just one big stink following another
    What a brilliant post. I think that sums up how most of us feel. Whilst I would love to believe in the whole Armstrong/Disco story, I just can't knowing that most of the people chasing him up the mountains in July were cheating and on drugs. And yet they couldn't get near him.
  • This climb is too boring, no one here will be interested in this!:

Par1584878.jpg

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2008/ ... Par1584878

I'm just wondering about the odds that Astana will actually be invited to participate:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/to ... /oct26news
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    I'm just wondering about the odds that Astana will actually be invited to participate:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/to ... /oct26news

100%. You think they want to start another TDF without the last TDF winner? They included Contador in their presentation because they're trying to build a new image with him not because they're going to keep him out of the TDF. (Contador's now on Astana)