Photographic spots near Keswick

paulswilliams2
paulswilliams2 Posts: 137
edited October 2007 in The Crudcatcher
I am camping at Keswick Saturday night on way back from Orange P7 test ride from Hawes, and am looking for some good photographic spots around there, or on the journey south to Kendal. I can not walk far from the car (maybe 1-2 mile round trip) due to a knee issue, and really want to capture some great views - mind I suppose there aren't many bad views in the Lakes.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• terra
    terra Posts: 32
    Surprise View, on the road to Watendlath about 3 miles from Keswick, minutes from the car.

TBH most places from the road around Derwentwater give good views.

Castlerigg Stone Circle on the outskirts of Keswick is another popular photo spot.
    TTB047%20web%20pics%20(11).JPG

Walla crag may be within your walking range although it's quite steeply uphill.
    TTB020%20(4).JPG
  • Denny69
    Denny69 Posts: 206
    Errrm...The Lake District is just one big photo....you can't single out one spot and say this is the best spot to take a photo as in my experience, as an amateur photographer, anywhere in the Lakes is the 'perfect' spot!

A nice Landscape with Blencathra (Saddleback) as the backdrop will be a good 'un for a start!! a lot will depend on the light and conditions. You need to be on High ground above Keswick looking North east(ish) then snap away!!!!

I'm sure you'll find a good 'un :wink:

If you've got editing software do a couple in B&W....
    Heaven kicked me out and Hell was too afraid I'd take over!!!

Fighting back since 1975!!

Happy riding

Denny