VDO C4DS Wireless Sensor Problems

johnno_uk
johnno_uk Posts: 30
edited October 2007 in Workshop
Anyone had any issues with wireless computers losing the signal intermittently?
I find that mine works intermittently : works for 3-4 mins, then nothing (zero speed) for 1-10 mins. Sometimes comes back on, lasts for few mins, and then off again.
The receiver / transmitter distance is well within recommended 1.5M maximum. Magnet and transmitter well within specified distance. It works fine for minutes at a time so the sensor can read the magnet on the wheel. I also wear a Suunto T1 HRM but that seems pretty solid and reliable : the VDO is digitally coded so should not be prone to interference . No Mobile in sight, so no phone interference.
Any inputs welcome....
cheers

Comments

• sloboy
    sloboy Posts: 1,139
    You have to be careful that its really rotated properly in its mount. I was on the point of chucking mine out when I discovered that it had become displaced somehow.
  • Hi There Sloboy,
    do you mean the actual computer has to be fully 'twisted' into its mounting ?
    cheers
    johnno
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    The computer should be twisted clockwise in its mounting until it clicks.

If the sender is dodgy VDO are very good at replacements - they have a 5 year warranty, I just sent mine back to Germany and got a new one within about 8 days (didn't even have a receipt). Of course, the shop should sort you out, I just went direct to the factory 'cos I didn't have the receipt. (I tried the UK distributors, Fisher Outdoor, but they just didn't answer my emails :twisted: )

The Address is:

Cycle Parts GmbH
    Grosse Ahlmühle 33
    D - 76865 Rohrbach
    Germany
  • sloboy
    sloboy Posts: 1,139
    johnno_uk wrote:
    Hi There Sloboy,
    do you mean the actual computer has to be fully 'twisted' into its mounting ?
    cheers
    johnno

Yep - that's it