Ribble winter bike or Fixed ?

MrGrumpy
MrGrumpy Posts: 288
edited September 2007 in Road beginners
I had my heart set on a fixed bike either a Langster or Tricross but can`t help thinking its not money well spent. I`ve got £500 to spend through cycle2work and for an extra £50-£100 i could get myself a fully equipped Ribble winter/audux bike over the cost of the aformentioned fixed cycles. I like the idea of fixed but cant help thinking that they are overpriced when looking at what Ribble offer. Are the Ribble bikes cheap as in pay for what you get ?

Comments

• gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    I think the ribble winter bike is pretty good value - they are practically my LBS and I've been to the shop often.

The winter frame is fairly basic alu, but has clearance and mounts for guards and rack and I think comes with them. Don't be put off by the price - it;s a basic frame with usually an entry level sora or tiagra group (maybe xenon / mirage if you want) - people who have them seem pretty pleased with them.

I have a langster and it's good too - for me it is just a fun alternative form of training - if i was picking a bike to use as a sole bike through winter, I have to admit I'd probably go for the ribble!