I bought a new jersey

2»

Comments

• Big n Daft
    Big n Daft Posts: 418
    Ooooooooooooooo

Its pink.

That's some dodgy feckin wallpaper though.
    Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x42/ ... 3Small.jpg
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Just waxing rhetorical here, but apart from the silliness of wearing a brand bceause 'your' team does, doesn't paying a fortune to wear a brand name emblazoned across your chest kind of go against the principles of fair business?

For example, if I was a professional athlete, watched by a great deal of people, T-mobile, Vodafone, Carlsberg or whoever would have to pay ME tons of money, more than anybody else would have offered, in fact, to have their insignia displayd on my clothing, bringing about brand awareness for them.

However, if you choose to go out and buy a T-shirt or jersey with that same insignia on it, you're required to pay a fortune in order to have the privilidge to advertise that product.

It may not seem like advertising to you, but suppose you're in a pub, wandering what to have, and some guy walks in wearing a 'Becks' T-shirt.
    It could possibbly lead you to think,
    "hmm, haven't had a bottle of becks in a while, I think I'll get one of them".

the guy in the Becks T-shirt is effectively advertising becks. But rather than get paid for it, he's had to pay them.

Doesn't seem right does it?
    That's why I find the whole thing retarded.

I promise you if someone see's a fat guy riding a superlight XC bike and wearing bright pink lycra the last thing they are going to think is 'I need a new mobile'.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You're right, they'd think, "F-ing Tit"
    Also in their minds would be various lasser thoughts about why he's wearing a roadie top on an MTB, and how this probably makes him even more of a tit!
  • Andy
    And all that time I'd be enjoying myself while riding my bike. Thats what is important surely?
  • Anonymous
    andrew156 wrote:
    And all that time I'd be enjoying myself while riding my bike. Thats what is important surely?
    Of course not. That's not important at all. What's important is to take the pi55 out of people who wear bright pink roadie tops on mountain bikes! :D
  • Andy
    Can i ask what you do with regards to plastic carrier bags etc when shopping?
    99% of places use branded carrier bags with their logo on. Do you refuse to use them as a result?
  • Anonymous
    andrew156 wrote:
    Can i ask what you do with regards to plastic carrier bags etc when shopping?
    99% of places use branded carrier bags with their logo on. Do you refuse to use them as a result?
    Christ, you really are retarded, aren't you?

If I've shopped at Tescos, and get given a bag, then it will have Tesco's written on it.
    That's not my choice, it's just the way it is.
    What I wouldn't do is go out and buy a rucksack or whatever, with Tescos written on it.
    Or something totally unrelated, with Tescos written on it.

If I buy a, ooh, let's say router. I don't care if the Linksys one has Linksys written on it, or if the Netgear one has Netgear written on it.
    I'd think it was retarded and childish if they had something like Vodafone, T-mobile, O2, or whatever written on it.

I wouldn't bat an eyelid if i saw you riding a Giant bike with a Giant top. it just makes sense.
    What I don't get is you riding a giant bike, with a freaking T-Mobile logo on your jersey?
    T-mobile don't make bikes. They sponsor someone WHO ISN'T YOU to ride bikes.
  • Andy
    I liked the jersey. I bought it. T mobile is written on it.
    That's not my choice, it's just the way it is.
  • Anonymous
    I like Jersey. It has cows.
  • John
    John Posts: 2,499
    andrew156 wrote:
    I liked the jersey. I bought it. T mobile is written on it.

Just dont buy a phone with TMobile written on it.

Cool how weve been discussing a jersey for nearly a month..
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    to go with the socks?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    i bought a jersey as well. to go with my bike.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    I wish I could buy jersey. then I would have cows.
  • I never can wait to read the 'latest installment' of this thread :lol:

It's gonna get some kind of record!
  • Andy
    all because mr mcgee is jealous as well....
  • Anonymous
    record? holy crap no! I'm guessing you weren't aquanited with the old sandbox?
  • Not so much - only been on here for a few months - any specific records? :lol:
  • Anonymous
    well there used to be threads going on for pages and pages and pages and pages about such things as mopeds, women, Haley - Naked, Car modding, Arguing, pleading to stop the arguing, Madeleine McCann, etc etc.

I think the longest thread I remember was the one about a game where you can make line drawing tracks, and then ride them with a kinda stick-man mountain biker/bmxer. it ran to over 200 replies, I think.
  • ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    1 x token for sexy time with Andy, please. You big gay bear!
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.