I wear a helmet because my wife wants me to

jel
jel Posts: 758
edited June 2007 in Commuting chat
What the hell: it makes her feel better.

Comments

• BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Dude: FFS!

<font size="1">My bikes
    My skates</font id="size1">

If I had a baby elephant, I'd teach it to skate.
  • Uncle Mort
    Uncle Mort Posts: 1,124
    Snore.

I'm with jel on this one. Small price to pay for marital bliss. No one else is going to get it in the neck from his missus (or mine).

Baby elephants are so last year, darling.
  • How many helmet threads does one person need?!

• chuckles
    chuckles Posts: 44
    My wife wanted me to wear one for normal riding, commuting etc., I do wear one for racing, TT etc. already, I simply asked her to provide me with evidence that they would provide me with any protection. She couldn't do this satisfactorily and then agreed that they are a waste of time, or may even increase risk, in normal circumstances.

Chuckles
    Chuckles
  • WyS
    WyS Posts: 254
    *Whhhhhhhuktisssh*

:P
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    I'd wear a pineapple on my head if Mrs EMD asked me too!!

SNAPS
  • chuckles
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eat My Dust</i>

SNAPS

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I bet you wouldn't wear a condom though!
    Chuckles
  • Uncle Mort
    Uncle Mort Posts: 1,124
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chuckles</i>

It's just not practical. You'd have to make an airhole to breathe through and it would probably burst it.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chuckles</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eat My Dust</i>

SNAPS

I think the jaggy bit on the pineapple would poke through making it useless!!

SNAPS
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jel</i>

One word, Wuss

My e bay bargain œ 31.05
    http://tinyurl.com/366awv

My commuting bike
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by FatBlokeFromFelixstowe</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jel</i>

One word, Wuss

My e bay bargain œ 31.05

LOL, what, would you just bitch slap her and tell her to mind her own business?

SNAPS
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eat My Dust</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by FatBlokeFromFelixstowe</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jel</i>

One word, Wuss

My e bay bargain œ 31.05

LOL, what, would you just bitch slap her and tell her to mind her own business?

SNAPS

I tell her that I ride my bike so she can use the car and accordingly I will wear what I like. I also remind her how much money we save by me commuting 120 miles a week by said machine and that seems to do the trick. We have not had this chat now for a long time.

My e bay bargain œ 31.05

My commuting bike
  • graham_g
    graham_g Posts: 652
    Yeah, well.... I do because my mom wants me to.

It's amazing the level of guilt that mums can make you feel, whether it's from 50 or 5000 miles away (she just moved from Arizona to Shrewsbury!).
  • Mosschops2
    Mosschops2 Posts: 1,774
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by WyS</i>

*Whhhhhhhuktisssh*

:P

LOL [:D][:D][:D]

(nice spelling effort btw!)

<font size="1">Have you ever tried pressing Alt+F4 ??</font id="size1">
    baby elephants? Any baby elephants here?? Helloo-ooo
  • Alcdrewcp
    Alcdrewcp Posts: 63
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BentMikey</i>

Dude: FFS!

Whats FFS mean? Googled it and it came up with Farms For Schools. Now if I went to a school farm should I wear a helmet? Is there any proof that it will help?

• ffs stands for 'for f**ks sake'
  • chuckles
    No, he was right first time, I am sure bentmikey meant Farms for Schools!!

Chuckles
    Chuckles
  • grow some nuts!

dangerous jules.
    god bless those pagans!
    dangerous jules.
  • ChrisKH
    ChrisKH Posts: 1,717
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dangerousjules</i>

grow some nuts!

dangerous jules.
    god bless those pagans!

I suspect she's holding them in a rather tight grip Jules (and don't it feel good).[:D]

• Hairy Jock
    Hairy Jock Posts: 558
    Phone a lawyer you have grounds for divorce due to unreasonable behaviour, helmets are a waste of time, much better off with a pineapple[;)]

A hirsute Scotsman.

Best advice I ever got was "better get a bike then"
    Cycle commuting since 1994. Blog with cycle bits.
    Best advice I ever got was "better get a bike then"
    Cycle commuting since 1994. Blog with cycle bits.
    Also with the old C+ crowd at Cycle Chat.
  • I wear one because my wife TELLS me to!

Racing is rubbish you can't relax and enjoy it- because some bugger is always trying to get past.
    Racing is rubbish you can\'t relax and enjoy it- because some bugger is always trying to get past.
  • domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    Jesus, you guys are either married to the woman from Misery or have no balls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
    ________
    Roor Bong Pictures
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol