Tour On TV

Schnee80
Schnee80 Posts: 21
edited July 2007 in The bottom bracket
Does anyone konw if the Tour will be visible outside of Sky / Eurosport etc?

In recent years it has been broadcast on ITV3 ITV4 - will it be the same for 2007?

It's not the fear that kills you; it's the hope.
IT'S NOT THE FEAR THAT KILLS YOU; IT'S THE HOPE.

Comments

• Julspro
    Julspro Posts: 51
    In America - Versus (formerly OLN) will be airing Live every morning, with repeats throughout the day. Then from 8-11pm EDT extended coverage with Phil Liggett, Paul Sherwen and Bob Roll.
    Field reports with Frankie Andreu and Robbie Ventura (can't wait to hear what he has to say).

Here is the viewing schedule with all of the listing for Versus (OLN)

http://www.versus.com/tdf/article/view/ ... f=Body.tpl

(Aside from the first year OLN aired the Tour, I think this year has the best/most coverage).

I can't wait to wake up to Phil, Paul and Bobke!!! Vive le Tour!

Caribbean Soul
    Caribbean Soul
  • Stark.
    Stark. Posts: 108
    As far as I know, ITV4 will be broadcasting a one hour highlights programme every evening, but I'm not sure if it will be showing any live stages at the weekends. Apart from that it looks like you have to get your hands on Eurosport if you want extended coverage.

I suspect the BBC will cover the Prologue in some way, shape or form. but given its track record on road racing it'll probably consist of doping stories, a 'French' soundtrack involving accordions, lingering shots of the landmarks that the cycles will pass and an almost exclusive focus on the British boys.
  • mwigby
    mwigby Posts: 5
    According to the Procycling Tour Guide, ITV4 will show highlights at 7pm each evening in the UK. I'm hoping and praying that this is Phil Liggett and co, as last year - can anyone confirm?

- Malcolm
  • Stark.
    Stark. Posts: 108
    I think Phil Liggett and the crew are lined-up for ITV 4's coverage, which is great.

As for my earlier comments about the BBC, I was talking rubbish. Judging by its website the Beeb won't be covering the Tour on TV at all. Presumably Sky etc. have snapped up all the rights. It'll probably get some exposure on Radio 5 Live, but with Wimbledon tennis finals on the same day as the Prologue, I doubt if it'll be extensive coverage.
  • Aidocp
    Aidocp Posts: 868
    Schnee80 wrote:
    Does anyone konw if the Tour will be visible outside of Sky / Eurosport etc?

In recent years it has been broadcast on ITV3 ITV4 - will it be the same for 2007?

It's not the fear that kills you; it's the hope.

C+ done a TV schedule, at week ends it mostly live on ITV3 with highlights most days on ITV4, occaisionally its on ITV1