DUFFIELD

chrisw986
chrisw986 Posts: 4
edited June 2007 in Pro race
Could someone tell me if Eurosport has a complaints department/email address?
I've look forward to watching the Dauphine,but Duffield is spoiling it by talking utter rubbish.He repeats the same pointless things every 10 mins,like telling new cycling fans the basics of road racing or if youve just come from walking the dog and are new to cycling or non british fans please bare with me if i get excited about bradley millar!!He seems to be totally unaware that attacks and moves are happening.
Dave Harmond is miles better and brings the best out Kelly.
My girlfriend thinks i'm mental when i sit watching cycling with the sound muted!
Chris

Comments

• campagchris
    campagchris Posts: 773
    Yes heres a link,UKcomms@eurosport.com they also have a forum
    http://uk.messages.eurosport.yahoo.com/ ... RO&vmode=1
    I thought he said watering the dog[:)] then Redondo is cheating for sitting on Moreaus wheel?? Bradley Millar[:D] hold on to your hats time your tapping your nose,whats all that about.He did ok with big Magnus but awful when he's on his own.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    All 3 of EUROSPORT English Commentators (Duffield,Smith.and Harman) are great with HIGHLIGHT Programes, but maybe on this they read a script.
    ON LIVE Programes they all are MOTORMOUTHS without a break. We need a Break to hear
    the sound of the Tyre's instead of using the ZAP BUTTON.
    I find Harman is becoming the WORST Commentator when he MOTORS the same questions
    to SEAN and answers them from every angle so all SEAN can say is "YES CERTAINLY" and
    then try to find something else to say but has no chance as it come's over as BORING.
    A few years ago Duffield used to say "Well what's been going on then SEAN" and then
    the Master could give a commentry of all the intricasies of the Race. I get fed up
    with Harman's ee's (retiree,escapee,lankawee)and the Knobly tyres Brigade,who cares. The through and off is from some one who never been in the bunch and been yelled at to do your BIT. A chain gang is not the same. BIT and BIT and the other
    Word that get's called out is HAMMER. So move it and not the "I say old chap but
    would you come through",it's a joke Let Sean have the Mike as he is a very interesting man.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    It's the curse of the commentators, they all speak too long. Mind you, when there's nowt going on but the peleton trundling through sme glorious countryside (Those shots yesterday of that walled village and castle ruins, chopper cameraman & pilot must be paid by the French Tourist Board!) then there's a point to it. Anyway, it's always good to be able to harangue the tele, with shouts of "That's Valverde at the back, OI, Duffield you muppet, haven't you looked at the monitor?"

Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • funaki
    funaki Posts: 29
    Oh guys come on you know you love Duffers really.

You can't really want a cycle race without a half hour monologue about goats cheese.
  • Milram-fan
    Milram-fan Posts: 33
    I wonder what the bosses at Eurosport / advertisers think when Duffers tells the viewers that they mights as well "go walk the dog or do some gardening as not much will happen for the next half hour"?? hmmm. he is quite entertaining though.
    I think HArmon is one of the best commentators out there in any sport. Very knowledgeable and not afraid to make comment on some things like Unibet etc.
  • BrianS
    BrianS Posts: 112
    you could always try www.cycling.tv for english commentary although picture quality is much better on the Premium Channel. A small price to pay for a cycling only channel. No more monthly fees for sky. Tempting......

www.braveheartfund.com