Tour of Switzerland

campagchris
campagchris Posts: 773
edited June 2007 in Pro race
Who do you think will win this.Wil we see a flying Karpets,or a top Dekker.I think we could see a possible Tour de France winner in this race what does everyone else think.Will the Tour winner be in the Dauphine or tour de suisse??

Comments

• Milram-fan
    Milram-fan Posts: 33
    Brakjovic? Saunier Duval have taken a strong team too. Maybe Gomez! I rarely get these things right though... I do think the Tour winner will come from the Dauphine - one of Liephiemer, Valverde or Vinokourov - but then again i've prob jinxed all three.
  • campagchris
    Valverde and Vino went backwards big style in todays Dauphine stage to ventoux.
    I think we might get a major upset this year with the younger riders shining.Kashechkin,Karpets, or Dekker,should be an interesting tour
  • Milram-fan
    Milram-fan Posts: 33
    Karpets could be a good shout. Still wouldn;t write Vino off though
  • campagchris
    I'd love to see Vino win it,think it could be one of the best tours for years.Looking forward to it,and tomorrows Dauphine stage.
  • Echappee
    Echappee Posts: 79
    Two stages gone - Cancellara in yellow (must be a favourite for the Tour prologue) and a stage win for Zabel. The mountains start today....
  • campagchris
    Frank Schleck putting in a great display must make him leader of CSC for the tour surely.Or is Sastre playing chess.
  • Julspro
    Julspro Posts: 51
    I read, from cyclingnews, that Sastre was still team lead, but Schleck should be a protected rider.

Caribbean Soul
    Caribbean Soul
  • Stark.
    Stark. Posts: 108
    I reckon CSC will just see how it goes at the Tour. Sastre's climbing ability is undoubted and Schleck's no slouch either. But at some point, one or the other will show themselves to be the strongest.

Personally, I'm never sure whether it's clever to play 'hide the leader'. It can end up confusing everyone - including your own team. A few teams will have to confront the issue - Astana and Caisse d'Epargne in particular.
  • campagchris
    Yep agree with that so will Rabobank,should be an interesting tour.Lets hope its a classic
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Oh! Schleck cracked in the finale today! Still difficult to see where Sastre stands relative to Schleck, as Carlos went back to excort the race leader. Sastre does seems fresher today.
  • Julspro
    Julspro Posts: 51
    Some of the sprinters packed it up and went home today.

Great job Goose! Nice stage win.

I will say that I understand when top riders use races as 'practice' for the Tour. But, it is a bit of a let down when they drop out of the race mid way though and go home.

Caribbean Soul
    Caribbean Soul
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    I guess the writers here are watching the old Analogue satellite system.
    The old Astra Satellite which is mainly German is great as the commentary is English, it's free and you get Tour of Romandy, Switzerland and some of the larger German races.[:D]
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil