Picked your spot yet?

Stark.
Stark. Posts: 108
edited July 2007 in The bottom bracket
OK. So who's worked out the best place to watch the Tour Prologue from? Me and the missus are going for somewhere round the Serpentine. The corners there should mean that we'll see more than just a blur of colour.

Comments

• Spiralpro
    Spiralpro Posts: 34
    Flights and accomadation booked. As for where I'll be viewing I've no Idea! Flying in fri morning so I guess we'll stroll around get a feel for the place and soak up the atmosphere. Then choose a spot.
  • mwigby
    mwigby Posts: 5
    Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I've registered in order to make the most of this historic occasion.

Where is the best spot to a) see the Prologue action?; b) keep an eye on the placings and timings via big screen/PA?; c) within reach of amenities (toilets/refreshments etc?

What sort of time should we aim to arrive?

Also, we're staying in Tonbridge for Stage 1 - any tips on vantage points for this stage?

Many thanks,

- Malcolm
  • nobrakes
    nobrakes Posts: 53
    I, to, have the same questions as to where the most advantagous viewing spots are. My wife and I are flying in a few days early, and in a hotel right near the action. Plan to recon the route and stake out some good places.
    As I see it, stage one finishes in Canterbury, where we hope to be near the finish there, then we're off to Belgium to watch the stage to Gand. Hope to see you all, I'm easily identifiable as I'll be wearing my club cap that says "portlandvelo.net" on the front. If you see me, do an intro, we don't bite.

<h6>"you can be in my dream, if I can be in yours"-Dylan</h6>
  • Stark.
    Stark. Posts: 108
    Walking the course of the prologue beforehand is probably a good idea - if you can.

Hyde Park is where the People's Village is being located, so I presume that's where some big screens will be, along with amenities and sideshows etc. The tightest corner is where the riders turn off Victoria St and into Buckingham Gate, so that might be a good spot.

I reckon the main thing is to get there early - because if the millions expected to watch actually do show up, it sure is going to get crowded.

Check out this site for more information - www.tourdefrancelondon.com
  • graham56
    graham56 Posts: 634
    My mum always told me not to pick spots :D:D:D

It`s a state of mind.
  • Aye, It'll never get better if you do :D