Kellogg's/ Milk Race/ ToB footage

BigSpecs
BigSpecs Posts: 309
edited November 2008 in Pro race
Hi Guys,
I am trying to source video footage of the old Milk Race/ Kellogg's Tour and ToB. So far I have been moderately successful. I now have coverage of 1982 Milk Race(Manpower video) and 1993 and 1994 ToB. Does anyone have any other coverage, perhaps taped from the telly and stored, that they wouldn't mind sharing? Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Colin

Comments

• campagchris
    campagchris Posts: 773
    Hi Colin I have the 1987 tour of britain won by Joey Mclaughin,and the 1988 tour won by Malcolm Elliott pm me if there any good.
    chris
  • BigSpecs wrote:
    Hi Guys,
    I am trying to source video footage of the old Milk Race/ Kellogg's Tour and ToB. So far I have been moderately successful. I now have coverage of 1982 Milk Race(Manpower video) and 1993 and 1994 ToB. Does anyone have any other coverage, perhaps taped from the telly and stored, that they wouldn't mind sharing? Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Colin
    Hi Colin, I'm desparately looking for video coverage of 1993 Kellogs tour of Britain that had the riders complete 3 laps of Constitution Hill in Swansea. Living half a mile from this ridiculous climb and having erroneously erased footage that I had - I would be most grateful if you could assist.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    The Pru Tour went up it too - back in 2000. I worked on the race and i thought our 4x4 was gonna tip up going up that bugger.

Anyone remember 'Go With Noakes' ? I'm sure he attempted the Milk Race once ? Dont think he lasted long.

And Pebble Mill also did a thing when they followed a team for a week. I do remember one of the team rolling a tub and wiping out.
  • There's very good coverage of the 1987 Kellogg's Tour on YouTube (in two parts, each of nine minutes).

Depends what you want it for of course, as there are I understand ways and means of getting footage off YouTube, though I'm sure the quality would be lowered. It's great footage to watch anyway.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    There was a hill used in one ToB/Milk Race that had some pros walking up. Was this Constitution Hill in Swansea as mentined above or somewhere else?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • BigSpecs
    BigSpecs Posts: 309
    Hi Guys,

I wrote this post a long, long time ago. Imagine my surprise when I found it on the front page of 'Race' today! Daitom, I should be able to help. Mail me at
    colin_moulson@hotmail.com
    and I'll let you know.
    I still have not managed to track down the 1989 race, won by Robert Millar. If anyone knows where to get a copy please let me know.
    BTW the other steep hill from around that time was "Steep" hill in York.
    Cheers, Col.