Basso running out of friends

2»

Comments

• off the back
    off the back Posts: 168
    If all these pros were to be believed then they all won really big races, admitting taking or possessing drugs, but never won a race on drugs...?! So really it is a wonder that anyone ever used drugs at all. Maybe there are no drug users winning races in cycling at all. Maybe we should stop testing because the only people that used drugs never used them to win.. apparently. They must really believe that cycling fans have a lower level of intelligence than the riders!!

Mr. Basso a few words of advice - when you are in a hole stop digging!

As a final point I just want to add that while it is insulting to fans of cycling to have to listen to this rubbish, what does it feel like to be a clean pro rider and put up with this. Those guys put there lives into the sport. Unfortunatly I don't know who you are but you yourselves do! I just hope that youv are winning some big races and showing the peleton that things have changed and clean riders can make it to the very top!!
  • Grumpy Bob
    Grumpy Bob Posts: 41
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by off the back</i>

At first yesterday I though well done Basso standing up and admitting what you have done. BUt after hearing the press conf I think he is insulting cycling fans everywhere!! He must really take us for some idiots!!! So we are expected to believe that he destroyed the entire field in the Giro and then decided that he might need to dope for the Tour cause he was so good. His climbing VAM in the last week was good enough to match and beat Lance at his best!

Have you ever heard so much rubbish and then I realised it is just another half ass confession

Dario Frigo - I had the drugs in my suitcase but never intended to use them
    Vandenbrouke - all for my dog guv!
    Rammusen [Lampre Guy] - all for the wife's mother!
    Musseuw - I did it just the once
    Millar - I won the world TT champ clean, honest boss!
    Landis - the lab is out to get me

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I think you mean Rumsas, not Rasmussen. Didn't Rumsas act the hero and leave his wife (who as I recall had her mother's stash in the boot of her car) to stew in a French jail while he made off?

Robert

www.northbucksroadclub.org.uk
    www.robertsaunders.org.uk
    www.northwoodwheelers.org.uk
  • rufvelo
    rufvelo Posts: 8
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Grumpy Bob</i>

I think you mean Rumsas, not Rasmussen. Didn't Rumsas act the hero and leave his wife (who as I recall had her mother's stash in the boot of her car) to stew in a French jail while he made off?
    Robert
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

True. Rumsas had his wife carry his 'medicine' for him.