what can we expect?

nobrakes
nobrakes Posts: 53
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
My Wife and I are planning to attend the 2007 Tour de France prologue and stage 1 in London, then take the Chunnel to France for a few weeks of following the Tour, etc. Where would we have the better views, etc. We plan to take in all a ambiance.

Comments

• Watch out as the french drive on the wrong side of the road[:D] It should be great especially in france,theres loads turn up for amateur races there never mind the tour.Enjoy it,mind the chunell is awful
  • Thanks for the advice, campagchris. We drive on the'wrong' side as well, though the French do it with more consideration to cyclists than most here in the states.

Why is the chunnel so awful? Discovery Channel runs programs proclaiming it to be the eigth wonder of the world. Is that only for the English half? Does it suddenly worsen as you get half-way through, into the French part? Just curious, as I've enjoyed the roads in France.

"You can be in my dream, if I can be in yours"-Dylan
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    i say your best bet is to watch it in dvd. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    i say your best bet is to watch it in dvd. :D

Especially since they were off to watch the 2007 TdF...

Thread resurrections gone too far??

love n hugs

DD

Edit to add 2006...
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Serioulsy.

I've now started on the Ricard, so things are going a bit fuzzy in my head, but what the feck is going on here? Its like Back to the Future but without a De Lorean or a subsequent Irish economy boost bolstered by non existent assets or wealth and just loads of people going on about the craic, how Guinness is best in Dublin and how the atmosphere and O'Reilly's Irish bar in Swindon in brilliant.

So much like today really.......
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Do we need to add a SPOILER alert or is too late.What year is it?
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.