amelie

lycragirl
lycragirl Posts: 10
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
just watching this on film 4. what a strange quaint little film. is it the style, the fact that it's all narrated, or the fact that it's all in french that makes it quite so captivating. [:)]

*a vision of loveliness*
*a vision of loveliness*

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lycragirl</i>

just watching this on film 4. what a strange quaint little film. is it the style, the fact that it's all narrated, or the fact that it's all in french that makes it quite so captivating. [:)]

*a vision of loveliness*
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I enjoyedit some years back too, little odd and interesting was how I remembered it
  • actually it WAS a really cute film. and the fact that there were more than a few shots of the TDF made it even cuter. recommend it for a rainy day.

*a vision of loveliness*
    *a vision of loveliness*
  • Yep - Amelie is a great film. And let's count it as a cycling film thanks to that old black and white TdF footage, along with Belleville Rendez-Vous (great cycling(ish) cartoon), and even Wimbledon (awful film, but there's a bike obsessive in it. And Kirsten Dunst).

Ellis Bacon
    Deputy Editor
    Procycling
    Ellis Bacon
    Deputy Editor
    Procycling
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Thought I'd resurrect the very last post in here. Good film Amelie. There was another one on the other night with the Tatou woman about the first world war. very good.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.