Lurkers...

2»

Comments

• STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Don't use that excuse, just mention cycling it's bound to be interesting 8)

Or offend some-one-quite easy and always a laugh :wink:
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    There still must be tons of lurkers out there not posting.

Nice to see a thread from the old Procycling forum still in the database.
    There are. I had a look in the members list a while back and there are also loads of folk registered, but with a post count of '0'. :?

Heavymental, I'm surprised that you didn't recognise JDFyfe. That's what caught my attention, even before I opened the thread.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • dibdab
    dibdab Posts: 10
    I'm a lurker, 'cause i'm shy :oops:

but as i broke my cycling distance record today [65 miles] i'm really chuffed, i want to tell everybody :!: :D
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    Arturo Bassick - he's the only original Lurker left, I think

My Hearts In The Shadows
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Allez Mark wrote:
    I read this forum everyday without logging in. Does that make me a lurker. If so. Im sorry. Im not very interesting you see, so I have nothing to say most of the time. So I don't bother logging in to say nowt.
    Anyway, thanks for all the interesting stuff on here.

Mark
    I doubt that. If you post about cycling, as Stefanos says, it'll be of interest to someone. When I first started posting I had the impression that everyone else were better cyclists, had more knowledge and did far more interesting things than me. Therefore, I figured that I had nothing to contribute. But the forum's a community and is as much about sharing experience as it is about the shared experience - even the mundane.
    dibdab wrote:
    I'm a lurker, 'cause i'm shy

but as i broke my cycling distance record today [65 miles] i'm really chuffed, i want to tell everybody
    Don't be, Dibdab. We're a pretty easy-going bunch in here. [whisper] and nobody'll know that you're shy from a post[/whisper]

Congrats on the 65 miles. Next stop the Race Across America, eh? :D Have you been building up the mileage for any particular reason? Any sportives in your sights or anything?

Incidently, how did an aged thread from Procycling end up in here?
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Crapaud wrote:
    There still must be tons of lurkers out there not posting.
    Heavymental, I'm surprised that you didn't recognise JDFyfe. That's what caught my attention, even before I opened the thread.

I didn't notice the author but yeh, now you mention it he's an old face. Also quite embarrassing is the fact that I never noticed it was JD Fyfe til you typed it as above. I always just read it as a jumble of letters! In my head I always pronounced it 'judfufe' when I saw that name! :lol: :oops:
  • Allez Mark
    Allez Mark Posts: 364
    Crapaud wrote:
    I doubt that. If you post about cycling, as Stefanos says, it'll be of interest to someone. When I first started posting I had the impression that everyone else were better cyclists, had more knowledge and did far more interesting things than me. Therefore, I figured that I had nothing to contribute. But the forum's a community and is as much about sharing experience as it is about the shared experience - even the mundane.
    dibdab wrote:

Thanks for the advice.
    Hopefully I'll get my post count up a bit more.
  • dibdab
    dibdab Posts: 10
    Hi crapaud,

I'm trying to get to 100 miles thats all, no sportives or anything like that [i've got a competetive level of 0]
    I got stuck on 50 so yesterday was a real boost, i know i had an extra 10 - 15 miles in me
    but my shorts didn't :shock: the credit cards comming out today :lol:
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I feel like a lurker at the moment - taking a new job in November has thrown my whole life / internet balance out of whack. B*stards...
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    Oh right....I see...you dredged it up from back in the day! Like online archaeology!

Archeology? This thread was so old it must have been reconstructed from a fragment of its DNA. How does anyone even find something so old to post on?
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • red dragon
    red dragon Posts: 263
    Some people are natural born lurkers. :D
  • I used to be a bit of a regular in the old days - when this site was cyclingplus. Now I merely lurk, and even then only occasionally.
  • StuKop
    StuKop Posts: 13
    I'll admit ive been lurking.

I only joined before xmas and then got quite ill so wasnt riding, during the last 3 months I have been reading most of the road and commuting forums daily to get my bike fix. :D